Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 11-27-2004, 08:09 PM   #1
virus_mouse

Default 4 suggestions for queue

i would prefere if i could do the next things with my queue

1. to unload a queue from an opened FlashFXP-screen or session ==> it is much easier to get rid off queue list opened in a session by unloading the queue list then closing the FlashFXP-session, and again opening new screen or session. so, just adding new submenu as UNLOAD QUEUE like it is now LOAD QUEUE

2. to copy the full link adres (including username and password) of the files in the queue list (left bottom quarter of the screen). when a queue is transfering and u have also other directories from that same site in your queue. if u want the link adres of that other directory, u have to stop your download (or queue), browse to the wanted directory and then copy the full adres of the link.

3. change LOAD QUEUE when already other queue list is opened. because if 1 queue list is open and i want to load other queue list, then these 2 lists get merged together. it would be more clear if i in the menu could read MERGE LIST or something like this. or second option.....to unload the first queue list and open the second list apart. thus no merging of the 2 different queue lists....or option or asking to choose to merge these 2 lists.

4. i am wondering how often is the queue list auto-saved? there is no option to choose for this. maybe i prefere to choose every 1 minute or even for every 15 seconds to auto-save my queue's, but someone else wants every 15 minutes. so, adding the option of auto-save of the queue list in the PREFERENCE (F6) would be very appriciated

well, this is it for now. maybe later i get more ideas
Old 11-27-2004, 09:57 PM   #2
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

1. Just highlight the files and hit delete... if you would like to save the queue for later use then do so, the option to do this already exists. I see no point in creating another option...

4. Hmm, it has always been my guess that it is updated upon change (file transfer finished, file removed, file added) but i honestly have no idea for sure how it is done.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:03 PM   #3
virus_mouse

Quote:
Originally posted by DayCuts
1. Just highlight the files and hit delete... if you would like to save the queue for later use then do so, the option to do this already exists. I see no point in creating another option...
isn't much easier to work in the way like i suggested? it would be not much work for code writes to type some rules of codes more for that option, i guess. and why save the queue, then delete files (you are now doing 2 actions), if u can do it in 1 action, which is unload the queue. simple, isn't it?
Old 11-28-2004, 04:52 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

To unload a queue you click on "clear queue"
Old 11-28-2004, 07:05 PM   #5
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by virus_mouse
isn't much easier to work in the way like i suggested? it would be not much work for code writes to type some rules of codes more for that option, i guess. and why save the queue, then delete files (you are now doing 2 actions), if u can do it in 1 action, which is unload the queue. simple, isn't it?
Well, like bigstar said, there is already a clear queue option, from my understanding of your first post you wish the queue to be availible for later use. So basically your suggesting ANOTHER command which will first save the queue, then clear it from the current session in just one click, rather than two. Which forgive me if i sound rude, but seems like lazyness to me.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:17 PM   #6
virus_mouse

but if i click CLEAR QUEUE, wouldn't i delete the files in the list? i dont want to delete the files, i want use them later in other session. so this is why i ask for unload option. it is not about lazyness. maybe it is about the unknow things for me. so, if i save the queue witha given name by me, then clear the queue, wouldn't i delete als the files in the queue that i have given my own file name??

and what about 3 other suggestions?? are they going to be rejected as this one??
Old 12-03-2004, 04:43 AM   #7
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

What you can do right now is mark all the files in the queue and press CTRL+F. Later on, you can mark them again, and press CTRL+R - or if you have no running transfers left, simply press CTRL+Z.

The other possibility is to quit FlashFXP with a non-empty queue. So you can use the queue later. But this is no option for you if you filled up the queue with other things already that you wish to continue on right away.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:56 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I posted a reply to this thread the other day but now it's gone. I spent a good time writing it, it was quite in depth. When I have some spare time I'll re-do my reply.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:16 PM   #9
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by virus_mouse
but if i click CLEAR QUEUE, wouldn't i delete the files in the list? i dont want to delete the files, i want use them later in other session. so this is why i ask for unload option. it is not about lazyness. maybe it is about the unknow things for me. so, if i save the queue witha given name by me, then clear the queue, wouldn't i delete als the files in the queue that i have given my own file name??

and what about 3 other suggestions?? are they going to be rejected as this one??
No, if you save the queue to a .fqf file, then use the clear queue command, it does not remove the items from the saved queue file. Just the same the items/queue is not altered even when the queue is transfered. Is it only the autosave queue files that are updated as you change the queue (transfer/remove/edit) for proper use with the restore queue feature.

Tags
download, list, lists, option, queue