Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

FlashFXP v5.x Public Beta Please direct all comments, suggestions, bug reports, and feedback for public beta releases to this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I think this might just be the perfect way to resolve this problem.

Let me see what I can do for the next release.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #17
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have released build 3671 with the following changes.

I've added the following new translation strings

%s File
%s Files
%s Folder
%s Folders
%s Total
%s Selected
%s Free

and I added the ? to the string

Are you sure you want to delete the selected task(s)?

I've refactored some code to optimize it for speed and resolve a performance penalty that was introduced over the past few builds.

This build also includes the latest icon set by X3.

This build also addresses some issues where if a "Network Error (10054): Connection reset by peer" error was triggered during certain operations no automatic reconnect was performed.

This includes CHMOD operations, on file download of a remote view/edit (on upload worked correctly), and while changing directories.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #18
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
I have released build 3671 with the following changes.

I've added the following new translation strings

%s File
%s Files
%s Folder
%s Folders
%s Total
%s Selected
%s Free

and I added the ? to the string

Are you sure you want to delete the selected task(s)?

I've refactored some code to optimize it for speed and resolve a performance penalty that was introduced over the past few builds.

This build also includes the latest icon set by X3.

This build also addresses some issues where if a "Network Error (10054): Connection reset by peer" error was triggered during certain operations no automatic reconnect was performed.

This includes CHMOD operations, on file download of a remote view/edit (on upload worked correctly), and while changing directories.
I have updated to build 3671, and got the similar problem:

It seems need to add another new translation strings to the language file
Attached Thumbnails
Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug-3-4-png  
Old 09-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #19
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

@libojun

Language Modified strings within the Translator (where you highlighted) is part of server side text, these strings are not translatable I dont think, you need to find another example since server side string aren't translatable at the moment.

@bigstar

I did find some clipping in site manager where the line height is smaller then others so it clips the g in this line only, see

I've translated those string to PT as well and fixed another half dozen. cheers.

Last edited by X3; 09-15-2013 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #20
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 View Post
Language Modified in the Translator is part of server side text, these strings are not translatable I dont think.
Nope!

You can find this strings at "A61D0EFA=Modified" in the language file.

And, this string has quoted to 2 places at least. (as the above and following picture)
Attached Thumbnails
Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug-3-4-2-png  

Last edited by libojun; 09-15-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #21
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Cool

4. The string "B19943CE=bytes" in the language file seems Not Work!

I have translated it, but in the GUI, it still show me the English string.
Attached Thumbnails
Bugs in v5.0.0 (build 3667)-bug-4-1-png  
Old 09-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #22
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Are you sure that its ok to translate a measurement unit, since these are standard networking terms/names, imo many of these are not ok to be translated. Accurate translations is one thing and like for like translations are not always the best practice.

The server side strings I never noticed them being translatable but idk whats going on.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #23
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Are you sure that its ok to translate a measurement unit, since these are standard networking terms/names, imo many of these are not ok to be translated. Accurate translations is one thing and like for like translations are not always the best practice.
Actually, all of those "measurement unit" has its corresponding translation norms in Chinese languge. (I don't know if other languages also like this?) So it is no need to doubt its accuracy, and, it would be easier to be translated.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #24
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

If Everywhere in Chinese, like OS and other common programs you find these things also translated then the translation should be equal to that which is commonly found (so its consistent and accurate).

Some things are not meant to be translated because they are universal, like mathematical terms, measurement units. But having said that Im not familiar with Chinese.

Interpreting and translating is not equal. Most of time I find translations are interpretations rather than translations and most of the time they are interpreted inaccurately and incorrectly.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #25
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
If Everywhere in Chinese, like OS and other common programs you find these things also translated then the translation should be equal to that which is commonly found (so its consistent and accurate).

Some things are not meant to be translated because they are universal, like mathematical terms, measurement units. But having said that Im not familiar with Chinese.

Interpreting and translating is not equal. Most of time I find translations are interpretations rather than translations and most of the time they are interpreted inaccurately and incorrectly.
Well, maybe you misunderstood what I want to express.

I just means somewhere other programs has been translated (such as a standard multi-language software of Microsoft ), and the previous version of FlashFXP has also Included that strings, but the new version does not works correctly, so it would be a bug in the new version, and it should be fixed. No more means! Maybe you Imagined that as "Everything Should Be Translated, No One Can Be Left!"

And, I have checked the string "A61D0EFA=Modified", 100% sure that is a "Fixed and full Locally string", not the "server side strings". (You can Confirm it by yourself)
Old 09-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #26
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I am changing the usage of "Modified" to work as followed.

Modified will now only be used in the following 3 places
Text Editor dialog, Active Edits dialog, Language dialog

It will be used exclusively to indicate that the file has been modified.

The "Modified" and "Date" column names are changing to match the English wording "Date Modified"

This was something that should of been done along time ago.

I believe X3 was referring to the use of "bytes" when he replied to you.

In v5 the way translations are done is somewhat different compared to v4, as a result some strings that were previously translated might not be translated, a good example of this is "bytes", please let me know of all situations you encounter like this and I will fix them. this will be corrected for the next build.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #27
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Yes I was referring to bytes, but libojun is saying that hes translated it and that the translation doesn't work or show up.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #28
libojun
FlashFXP Registered User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Yes I was referring to bytes, but libojun is saying that hes translated it and that the translation doesn't work or show up.
Well, actually, some "measurement unit" already has its corresponding translation norms and a good
quality, not only in Chinese but also others language. (such as Japanese, Korean) You can Search them at http://www.microsoft.com/Language/ , it would be help to you!

I also noted that the localize team of Portuguese does not going to translate some of "measurement unit", maybe due to the customs and habits or something else.

My suggestion is, keep all of similar strings in the language file, and give all of translators the rights to choose if they need/want to translate them or not, and respect their choice and customs and habits.

Nowadays, the FlashFXP no longer a "English Only" program, it would be a "International Multilingual software". So I just hope it could keeps an "Open and Tolerant attitude" eyes to the future!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #29
msg7086
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Well since the word is 'byte' not 'B', it should be translated to the native language presentation, if it exists.

The same applies to the 'kilobyte' (which should be translated) and 'KB' (which should not, IMHO).

So that if a file is less than 1KB, it appears as, let's say 500 bytes, it should be 500 å*—节, while if it's 10KB, it would be 10KB.

YMMV.
* * Simplified Chinese Windows 10 *
Laptop:
* * Intel i5-5200U * 12G RAM * SSD * HDD
* * Simplified Chinese Windows 10 *
Old 09-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #30
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Yes I understand That Chinese has these "rules" though if you look at it, consistency is throw out the door.

Though the only thing that matter is that it is indeed correct and common place and is consistent with however rules for translations are done.

I have learned something interesting about your Mother tongue today.

Tags
custom, date, flashfxp, format, setting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: