Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #136
PSA9
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Lightbulb

MY [VFS] SECTION is as applies
Code:
Default_Directory_Attributes    = 777 0:0
Default_File_Attributes         = 777 0:0

# Command specific rules
Modify_Stats_On_Delete  = False

#  FLAG 1 = Super  (Can Download Leech,          Can Upload Leech, Group Admin)
#  FLAG 2 = Normal (Can Download Leech or Ratio, Can Upload Leech or Ratio)
#  FLAG 3 = Guest  (Can Download Leech or Ratio, Can Upload Files and Folders inside _REQUEST but Can Upload Files only everywhere else Ex. incomplete stuff
# NO FLAG = Look   (Can't Download or Upload) but can browse everywhere

Upload       = /_INCOMPLETE/* VM
Resume       = /_INCOMPLETE/* VM
MakeDir      = /_INCOMPLETE/* VM
RemoveDir    = /_INCOMPLETE/* VM
RemoveOwnDir = /_INCOMPLETE/* VM
Rename       = /_INCOMPLETE/* VM
RenameOwn    = /_INCOMPLETE/* VM
Overwrite    = /_INCOMPLETE/* VM
Delete       = /_INCOMPLETE/* VM
DeleteOwn    = /_INCOMPLETE/* VM

Upload       = /_REQUEST/* 321VM
Resume       = /_REQUEST/* 321VM
MakeDir      = /_REQUEST/* 321VM
RemoveDir    = /_REQUEST/*   1VM
RemoveOwnDir = /_REQUEST/* 321VM
Rename       = /_REQUEST/*   1VM
RenameOwn    = /_REQUEST/* 321VM
Overwrite    = /_REQUEST/*   1VM
Delete       = /_REQUEST/*   1VM
DeleteOwn    = /_REQUEST/* 321VM

Upload       = /_SORTED/* VM
Resume       = /_SORTED/* VM
MakeDir      = /_SORTED/* VM
RemoveDir    = /_SORTED/* VM
RemoveOwnDir = /_SORTED/* VM
Rename       = /_SORTED/* VM
RenameOwn    = /_SORTED/* VM
Overwrite    = /_SORTED/* VM
Delete       = /_SORTED/* VM
DeleteOwn    = /_SORTED/* VM

# This defines everything else as Read Only for regular users.
Upload       = /* 321VM
Resume       = /* 321VM
MakeDir      = /*  21VM
RemoveOwnDir = /*  21VM
RemoveDir    = /*   1VM
Rename       = /*   1VM
RenameOwn    = /*  21VM
Delete       = /*   1VM
DeleteOwn    = /*  21VM

# nobody can overwrite a file, they must delete it and resend
Overwrite    = /* !*
NoStats      = /* !*

# anybody can download anything except Look account...
Download     = /* 321VM
if a user dont have a Flag of M, 1, 2, 3 they cant download. by this if i give a user no flags all he can do is look. my Flag 1 users will never be ratio users. some flag 2 and 3 users i will want to set to ratio. is the [Sections] Default = 0 0 0 * is where i set credits? or do i have to use a tcl script?

say i set a user with flags, 2L he would be exempt from the max logins, is their a way i would add say 2LE where E would be for idle exempt for that user? its a pain to do this Idle_Exempt = -ioFTPD -User1 -User2 each time i want to add a user. if i could set a flag, i could do it when i am not home, and i am hardly home!

Code:
[R] SITE SWHO
[R] 200-  ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ¯
[R] 200-  §ê                              CLIENT LIST                               ê§
[R] 200-  §êššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššê§
[R] 200-  §ê                                                                        ê§
[R] 200-  §ê      CID  USER            STATUS     SPEED       HOSTNAME              ê§
[R] 200-  §ê       1   PSA9            Idle                   *@22.22.22.22         ê§
[R] 200-  §ê                                                                        ê§
[R] 200-  §êššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššê§
[R] 200-  ÔÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ¬
My ioFTPD/text/ftp files are made in "Block" or "High ASCII" style which requires terminal font only in flashfxp to see them correctly and also done in ANSI Colors. this works fine.
however i tried in ioSFV and ioNiNJA script to make everything match. ANSI colors work fine in the script. the problem is those scripts displays some of the extended char correctly while others it displays weird. is this a bug in ioFTPD for reading "Block" ASCII through TCL code. is this a TCL limitation?

PSA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #137
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

PSA9: Here's some answers...

1) is the [Sections] Default = 0 0 0 * is where i set credits? No that is where you define what files are in which credit and stat sections. You can set default credits for all new users by editing user/Default.User and specifying a credits line in the file, or add the line to specific groups in groups/ like to set the default for new members of those groups.

DESCRIPTION Group1
SLOTS 5 5
USERS 0
CREDITS 10000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Interestingly enough I don't believe I know of a way to set defaults like this with any builtin site command. To avoid editing the files by hand you will need the help of a script. Luckily group files are rarely locked and the default files I don't believe ever are. Hand editing of individual user files with the server running is usually a bad idea though...

To add credits to existing users by hand you can use ioGUI, or you can use "site change user credits +-value [section]". To add credits to a whole group replace user with =group and it should apply the change to everyone in that group...

2) is their a way i would add say 2LE where E would be for idle exempt for that user? Already supported. Unless otherwise noted "user permission specifiers" (i.e. the -,=,flags) used all over the ioFTPD.ini file fully support user flags. Therefore feel free to use E to mean idle exempt. The only reason I don't setup user flags like S for no-ssl requirement, E for idle exempt, etc is because other sites might already be using those flags for other things and I didn't want to break anything if I didn't have to.

3) is this a bug in ioFTPD for reading "Block" ASCII through TCL code? There was a similar problem very early on in v6 when we were actually using TCL properly and it was converting and outputting UTF-8 which screwed up NFOs being printed from TCL. Double check that you do NOT have a ioftpd\lib\tcl8.4\encoding directory. It's also possible that the FTP client is goofing things up so perhaps try a different one just to see if that makes a difference...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:58 AM   #138
PSA9
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

i get this from time to time.
Quote:
Windows could not stop the ioFTPD service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
when i try to restart the service the system service. reason i try and restart the service the service is when ioFTPD is giving me problems. the last problem i remember why i did this was i was gettin a list error and the only way to fix was restart! after failing i then just restart the computer and then ioFTPD is back to normal. the thing is their is no error in logs and no crash dumb is being made! any idea what this can be with the limited info i have given? or any ideas how how i may be able to find what is causing this?

Quote:
ioftpd\lib\tcl8.4\http1.0, http2.5, msgcat1.3, opt0.4, tcltest2.2
ioftpd\lib\tcl8.4\auto.tcl, history.tcl, init.tcl, ldAout.tcl, package.tcl, parray.tcl, safe.tcl, tclIndex, Word.tcl
these are the files and folders that come in ioFTPD 6.3.5 and all that i have. can u tell me where to get ioftpd\lib\tcl8.4\encoding directory. so i can add it and see in my case if it fixes! the only FTP client i will ever use is FlashFXP, while saying that it displays Block ASCII correctly from the ioFTPD\text\ftp files.

Code:

Require_Encrypted_Auth  = !-ioFTPD *
Require_Encrypted_Data  = !-ioFTPD *
Immune_Users            = I
Idle_Exempt             = -ioFTPD
these are all default in ioFTPD 6.3.5 while immune users = I that is referring to a flag, are u saying that if i do Idle_Exempt = E would make users with flag E idle exempt, or do i set it as Idle_Exempt = -E * or chang u actually show me. also for SSL auth and Data = !-S * would make only users with flag S not have to use SSL! please show me the proper way!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #139
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

PSA9: That lockup issue you found is the only issue I've never been able to find so I can't solve it yet. You don't have to restart though, just kill the process in task manager. Though I don't run ioFTPD as a service if you set it up with the defaults it's possible that the service will auto restart after a minute after you kill it.

You don't want the \encoding directory. I just wanted to make sure you didn't have it left over from the very first v6.0 release so you're fine. Go TCL installed elsewhere on the machine perhaps?

Yup, just do Idle_Exempt = E and then give the E flag to people you want to never get kicked for idling. Require_Encrypted_Data = !S * is probably what you want. That means anyone with the S flag isn't required to use SSL, but everyone else is.

Permission flags return an answer based on the first match. Thus if you had something like "!-ioFTPD !S -Ind !=SiteOps *" this would be interpreted as follows:

1) Is the username ioFTPD? If so then return no (! in front of match).
2) Does the user have the S flag? If so then return no.
3) Is the user in the Ind group? If so then return yes (no ! in front)
4) Is the user in the SiteOps group? If so then return no.
5) * means everybody so automatic match. Return yes. If you wanted the default to be no you would use !* instead.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:39 AM   #140
PSA9
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
PSA9: That lockup issue you found is the only issue I've never been able to find so I can't solve it yet.
Yil do u ever get that lockup on your pc?

we know u atleast using the newest ioFTPD, hehe
but are u using any scripts?
do u run as a service?
do u use SSL?
do u fxp at fast speeds?
lastly what OS u running?
is it x86 or x64?

my pc runs really well with no problems ever. when the lockup occurs i use Radmin to restart the pc. i can tell u what i am doing when it happens. right now i am out of town for work. i connect to my pc with either ioFTPD or Radmin. i am running ioFTPD as a service and i use TLS 256 bit. it seems to happen from fast fxping over local network with certain folders that have .ioFTPD files in it. u talked of site rescan before, but i had bought some new hardrives so i have to transfer my data anyway. some folders have .ioFTPD files from before 6.0, some have ioFTPD files from 6.0-6.2, and some have no .ioFTPD files. may i ask this what does ioFTPD write to the .ioFTPD files and i assume vfs chattr is for scripts to right to the .ioFTPD files right?
Old 01-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #141
o_dog

add .ioFTPD* to skiplist in whatever ftp client you're using.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #142
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I've never had my local copy of ioFTPD running on XP lockup but it doesn't get abused. On the other hand a quad processor 100mbit w2k3 system does lockup on me from time to time and I've got a few memory snapshots of that happening.

Usually you can tell by users with idents or hostnames in their hostmask not being able to login but *@IP.* can, or the system not giving out directory listings or transferring files. At that point you'd think a thread that attempts to dereference the NULL pointer should crash the whole program and trigger a dump (that's what site chrashnow does), but it is so hosed that doesn't work so that proves to me that an internal windows library lock (my guess is ldr_lock from the dump info) is being corrupted or abandoned but I don't know why...

It doesn't help that the windows socket library creates threads on it's own and tries to load/unload dlls and both of those actions acquire the ldr_lock and get stuck... I'm guessing that's involved in the race condition but debugging that is really tricky.

I don't think there were any changes from 5.8.5r to now regarding .ioFTPD files. In fact, I believe you can take a 6.3.5 executable and run it against a 5.8.5r .ini file and it will still run fine. If you make use of newer features such as shared section credits and stuff like that you won't be able to run 5.8.5r obviously but I've really tried to keep it backward compatible with everything optional... Relative symbolic link evaluation is different now though because it was incorrect before but they weren't widely used...
Old 01-29-2008, 03:48 AM   #143
pion

The groupadmin feature still seems flawed to me.

When gadmin changes ratio to 0 on a user the free leech slot number decrease - ok
When gadmin changes ratio on the same user to 3 or whatever, groupslots does NOT increase
When gadmin changes ratio to 0 on the same user again, leech slot number decrease AGAIN.

when doing 'site change grp groupslots 1 1' log states that it set groupslots to 1 + 1 - but what it really do is to allow for 1 more ratio user to be added, and one more leech user regardless of how many is in the group already.

If gadmin is granted leech under another groupname, he is able to remove the leech on himself, but none of the groupslots for any group will increase the ammount of leech users allowed in the group. Not sure about the intended action when gadmin grants himself leech under another group tho, if his secondary group slots would limit the action or set leechslots to a negative integer.. but that is unlimited leech again?

And finally - if you do 'site ginfo grp' it will state that there's a total of 1 slots availible, and 1 leech which doesn't really match the log entry of 'Set groupslots to 1 + 1' :S It should be either site change grp groupslots TOTALAMMOUT LEECHOFTOTALAMMOUT or site change grp groupslots RATIOaccounts LEECHaccounts

Now the replies state it's both :P

Last edited by pion; 01-29-2008 at 03:56 AM.
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #144
jeza
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pion View Post
The groupadmin feature still seems flawed to me.

When gadmin changes ratio to 0 on a user the free leech slot number decrease - ok
When gadmin changes ratio on the same user to 3 or whatever, groupslots does NOT increase
When gadmin changes ratio to 0 on the same user again, leech slot number decrease AGAIN.
this is OK.
because else gadmin can switch leech slots between users.
this means that if group has 3 + 1 slots,
gadmin can give user1 leech for 1 week and other 2 users are waiting.
then next week he can remove leech from user1 and give it to user2.
now he has leech and other 2 usersare waiting...

but like it works now its ok, because onlyone user can have leech slot.
jeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #145
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Indeed, jeza is correct. This feature was added several years ago (the beta 0.4.x/0.3.x days) to prevent leech slot rotation.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #146
pion

I fail to see the logic where the leechslot decrease again for the same user, that was granted leech in the same group already?

In this case site change ratio 3 should be disabled to avoid losing slots then..
I haven't tested this, but now gadmin can set ratio 99999999999999? (without loosing any leech slot)
I would rather have a time limited leech slots exchange than disabled..

And at last, it should be possible to configure this behaviour as you please
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #147
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I don't know much about using group slots, but it's nice to know the historical reason for it working the way it does. On the surface I think pion has a good point that it as it stands it doesn't seem intuitive, but perhaps changing the documentation might address this. BTW, I agree that the ratio trick would work with the default setup until someone looks at the log...

The really good news is nothing prevents trivial TCL scripts to adjust things any way you want
Old 01-31-2008, 01:01 PM   #148
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Hey Yil, what you up to ? Whtas upcoming?
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #149
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

The only thing I'm working on when I have time is trying to figure out the lockup issue, but it's hard since it's nearly impossible to reproduce. That, and the long file name problem in the recursive directory routine are really the only two identified major problems right now.

I'm hoping to release v6.4 which fixes just those 2 problems and call that the stable release before making any more changes. I think it's a high priority to get something really stable that people can use with some level of confidence. The good news is I haven't seen a lot of issues with people reporting crashing recently so that must mean I'm doing something right... So double check that there aren't crashlogs lieing around you haven't sent me
Old 02-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #150
Mamukata

hi all,

after long time i decide to try ioFTPD.

i have downlaod from this thread the v6.3.5 version. i have unpack the zip and launch the ioFTPD-Start.exe with the default setup.

The gui start but i can't login:

16.28.07 wSock_Connect()
16.28.07 220 FTP Server ready.
16.28.07 > USER ioFTPD
16.28.07 331 Password required for ioFTPD.
16.28.07 > PASS *****
16.28.07 530 Login failed: Invalid password.

I have tried the same from flashfxp with login/pass ioFTPD/ioFTPD but don't work

[L] Connecting to ioftpd ADMIN -> DNS=localhost IP=127.0.0.1 PORT=5420
[L] Connected to ioftpd ADMIN
[L] 220 FTP Server ready.
[L] USER ioFTPD
[L] 331 Password required for ioFTPD.
[L] PASS (hidden)
[L] 530 Login failed: Invalid password.
[L] Connection failed
[L] Delaying for 10 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
[L] Retry attempt Aborted

what i wrong?????

tnx