Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-13-2004, 02:03 AM   #1
Thog

Default Mirring

I still think a mirring option would come in handy. It's really not that hard to program (the logic is simple) and I'm sure I'm not the only one who could use an option like this for making good backups of website folders.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

it's "mirroring".
and do you mean "synchronize" or "mirroring"?
if you mirroring then you can just queue up 2 items, one going left to right, other right to left and all the files will be mirrored.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:50 AM   #3
Thog

I guess the term you like is 'Synchronize' which deletes files which are no longer in use and makes an EXACT copy on your site. I come across LFTP for Linux which calls this feature "mirror" and also some perl script called 'mirror' which does the same thing. WSFTP calls this 'Synchronize'. Whatever the case I registered FlashFXP in hopes that someday this feature would be added. It would definately complete FlashFXP in terms of complete features.

I hope in the next versions they decide that after many years or saying they do not want to add this feature, enough people here have said they wanted it, they should add it... I made a PHP mirring program in less then a day, I'm sure you guys are better programmers then me and can have it done even faster.

Tags
backups, folders, mirring, option, website