Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 05-10-2002, 09:31 AM   #1
Chuckeecheese

Cool Cannot FXP into a PC with Windows XP

Hello I got the fxp finally but have you ever tried FXPing into a Windows XP computer? I cannot do it. I have no problem fxping into a Windows 98 computer with Serv-U installed on it but I cannot get it on an XP machine with Serv-U. ANY THOUGHTS?

I am stuck here.

I have tried it now into two separate XP PC's and same thing. Also I made sure the firewall that comes with XP was disabled along with the other firewalls from third party programs. There has got to be some easy explanation...

I am behind a router but I CAN fxp from this fxpable site I know of into my Windows 98 computer and also into my brothers 98 PC. No problem. He is not behind a router. The way around the router is to check off > "Site uses IP Mask/Non Routable IP" IN FLASH FXP. This is on the "Quick Connect screen under the "Toggles tab"

This info on the Linksys router I found was on http:www.netknowledgebase.com under the Linksys Router link. This saved me because I have a Linksys router and I could not fxp until I checked this "Site uses IP Mask/Non Routable IP" IN FLASH FXP. I spent hours solving that problem.

My friend has a Windows XP PC that is not behind a router and it is exactly the same. I cannot fxp into his machine.

So it boils down to that there seems to be a difference with 98 and XP.

One thing to note. You half to connect to my PC "Non Passive Mode because of my router. I read at Net knowledge base that there is a way to make it passive with the settings in the router but I did not get that far yet. This is not the problem because as I said my friend, he has just 1 computer and no router and it is the exact same thing and message. I have no problem doing a regular ftp upload to the XP machines, it is FXPing into them where the trouble is. If anyone can help please email me at:sades6@hotmail.com

Thanks alot!
Old 05-10-2002, 09:43 AM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

does your friend have the xp firewall enabled? what port are you trying to connect to?
Old 05-10-2002, 10:01 AM   #3
Chuckeecheese

Default Cannot FXP into a PC with Windows XP

No Firewalls, we disabled them on his computer and mine. We can do regular ftp uploads into each other PC's but when it comes to fxping we can connect to each others PC's but cannot transfer the files. All the settings in Serv-U are correct also. I made sure the "Block fxp" box was unchecked. There is no problem fxping into our Windows 98 PC's. This is a weird one.

Thanks for your help... Any suggestions are welcome and if you want my IP and login info to test t out then just email me or post it here..

sades6@hotmail.com
Old 05-10-2002, 02:41 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

status log would help...
Old 05-13-2002, 12:42 PM   #5
Celerex_2

Check to be sure that on the Serv-U installs on the XP machines, "Block FTP Bouncer attacks" is NOT checked. This will prevent FXPing, it might just be coincidence that both XP machines have this checked off.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:42 PM   #6
Celerex_2

Also, try another FTP server like G6. Just to see if it's software or if you can't fxp to these machines at all.

Tags
computer, fxp, problem, router, windows