Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.1 RC 1 build 1616

FlashFXP 4.1 RC 1 build 1616
  1. Changed > Added the ability to set the SSL protocol version (SSLv3 or TLSv1) in the Site Manager / Quick Connect. It has come to my attention that some servers require AUTH SSL and TLSv1.
  2. We made a couple minor changes to the way updates are launched via FlashFXP.
Please download the update via LiveUpdate
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
martymacgyver
FlashFXP Beta Tester

First, as always I'm pleased with the recent builds and they've worked well for me.

One thing that I've wondered for a while now: when there's a LiveUpdate available, I get a nice list of the changes in that update, then and only then. After the update there's apparently no way to see the changelog again, nor does it appear to be located anywhere else. It'd be nice to be able to refer back to that after a given update.

So, does this functionality exist to view the current beta's changelog or is there a webpage to refer to for the same?
martymacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Good question.

For the beta/rc releases the changelog is always posted on the forum.
(For example this thread for the 1616 release)

For public releases its a specific page on our website
https://oss.azurewebsites.net/history.php
Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
martymacgyver
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I'm aware of both... I was making sure I hadn't missed a button somewhere.

Then I guess it's a (very simple) feature request: since we can already see the changelog within the app whenever there's an update, it would be useful to be able to see that at any time from within there (I figure it's polling the update server and getting that, which means any time you click to check for updates that info is probably ready and available with minimal if any extra overhead).

Edit: I see that http://liveupdate.flashfxp.com/verify.php (with lots of authentication options in the URL) already dumps all this info if one's installation is not up-to-date.

Last edited by martymacgyver; 08-01-2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 08-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
sjmike
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Directory listing is taking an abnormally long time for me when I connect to our FTP server using Auth TLS or AUTH SSL, but SFTP works in a matter of seconds. I've tried changing the SSL protocol version (SSLv3 or TLSv1) and neither works. It shows Listing directory, 48 bytes down at the bottom. The connection eventually times out.

In this attempt, i have FTP using Explict SSL (Auth TLS) selected with SSLv3. The server is running GlobalSCAPE Secure FTP 3

Code:
FlashFXP 4.1.0 (build 1616) [RC 1]
Support Forums http://forum.flashfxp.com

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 1.0.0d 8 Feb 2011
[L] [L] Connected to CDS Master (FTPS)
[L] 220 Catapult Secure FTP Server
[L] AUTH TLS
[L] 234 AUTH Command OK. Initializing SSL connection.
[L] Connected. Negotiating TLSv1 session
[L] TLSv1 negotiation successful...
[L] TLSv1 encrypted session using cipher AES256-SHA (256 bits)
[L] PBSZ 0
[L] 200 PBSZ Command OK. Protection buffer size set to 0.
[L] USER cds_master
[L] 331 Password required for cds_master.
[L] PASS (hidden)
[L] 230 Login OK. Proceed.
[L] SYST
[L] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[L] FEAT
[L] 211-Features supported:
[L]  COMB target;source_list
[L]  REST STREAM
[L]  SIZE
[L]  MDTM
[L]  XCRC filename;start;end
[L]  SSCN
[L]  MLST Size*;Modify*;Create;Type*;Unique;Perm*;Lang;Media-Type;CharSet;
[L]  MODE Z 
[L] 211 END
[L] PWD
[L] 257 "/" is current folder.
[L] MODE Z
[L] 200 Mode set to Z.
[L] PROT P
[L] 200 PROT Command OK. Using Private data connection
[L] PASV
[L] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,xxx,109,100).
[L] Opening data connection IP: xx.xx.xx.xxx PORT: 28004
[L] MLSD
[L] Connected. Negotiating TLSv1 session
[L] TLSv1 negotiation successful...
[L] TLSv1 encrypted session using cipher AES256-SHA (256 bits)
[L] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for MLSD /.
[L] 226 Transfer complete. 5189 bytes (1338 compressed @ 25.79%) transferred. 1338 Actual Bps, 5189 Effective Bps.
sjmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #6
sjmike
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Same problem exists in earlier builds it seems as well. I just tested with build 1613 since I had the installer still on my PC.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmike View Post
Same problem exists in earlier builds it seems as well. I just tested with build 1613 since I had the installer still on my PC.
Does this issue exist with v4.0 stable?

Can you please turn off MODE Z compression (Site Manager > Select Site > Transfer > Compression MODE Z, then uncheck List, upload, download, fxp), with it off do you still experience this issue?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymacgyver View Post
I'm aware of both... I was making sure I hadn't missed a button somewhere.
Are you looking for a way to view this information from within FlashFXP, locally on your computer or both? We can save this information to the users computer, but it seems like something that most people will not need or want. We could always add a button to the update dialog to allow the user to save the changelog, but then this would require additional steps by the user.

Please let us know exactly what you had in mind and we will try our best to find a way to accommodate you.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #9
sjmike
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Does this issue exist with v4.0 stable?

Can you please turn off MODE Z compression (Site Manager > Select Site > Transfer > Compression MODE Z, then uncheck List, upload, download, fxp), with it off do you still experience this issue?
I turned off MODE Z compression and the problem still exists.

I just installed v4.0 stable and this problem does not exist with v4.0 stable regardless if compression Mode Z is enabled or disabled for list and regardless of connection type (SFTP, AUTH TLS or AUTH SSL) chosen.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
I turned off MODE Z compression and the problem still exists.

I just installed v4.0 stable and this problem does not exist with v4.0 stable regardless if compression Mode Z is enabled or disabled for list and regardless of connection type (SFTP, AUTH TLS or AUTH SSL) chosen.
I have a collection of roughly a dozen different FTP servers for testing, unfortunately GlobalSCAPE isn't one of them, I am not seeing any problems with other brands of servers.

I will try to get a copy of GlobalSCAPE Secure FTP 3 for testing, I am quite stumped at the moment and I can't think of anything that has changed that would cause this to occur.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #11
sjmike
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I can setup a test account for you on our server since I'm the IT admin.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
I can setup a test account for you on our server since I'm the IT admin.
If you could that would be a huge help and I greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
sjmike
FlashFXP Beta Tester

This is weird, I just tested connecting to the server from my home PC using the same exact settings compared to using my work PC previously and I can connect no problem over SSL and TLS using the latest version.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #14
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
This is weird, I just tested connecting to the server from my home PC using the same exact settings compared to using my work PC previously and I can connect no problem over SSL and TLS using the latest version.
hmm, That is quite odd.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:58 AM   #15
martymacgyver
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Are you looking for a way to view this information from within FlashFXP, locally on your computer or both? We can save this information to the users computer, but it seems like something that most people will not need or want. We could always add a button to the update dialog to allow the user to save the changelog, but then this would require additional steps by the user.

Please let us know exactly what you had in mind and we will try our best to find a way to accommodate you.
Sorry for the delay. It'd be best if there was a "Version history" item under "Help". It could poll the server to query the version history for the given FlashFXP build the user is using, or more simply the same, very latest list that is transmitted when an upgrade is available.

I don't know what the underlying server architecture is but it seem to me adding an extra (or different) argument to the URL (which already has the version info) could open a file on the server with that info already in it - identical to what would've been visible were an upgrade available. Perhaps that's what's done already in that case.

Slightly more complex, save that static history file and when a user requests the version history for their outdated installation (which they declined to update), you could show that older file (since the query has the version number in it already). A little different than what you'd see when checking for an update in that case, since it wouldn't include info beyond the release you're actually using.

Storing the version history locally might be MORE complicated in the long run (though perhaps it can be baked right in). Serving at least the most current version history on demand (again, what you'd see if you were out-of-date) would be handy. And it's low-bandwidth.

People tend to look at version histories AFTER this kind of highly-automated upgrade installation, particularly if something comes up, especially with betas. Seeing it beforehand is nice but being able to pull it up on demand later is much more useful (and simpler than trawling the forums to piece the history together).

Tags
1616, 4.1, download, flashfxp, tlsv1