Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1610

FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1610
  1. Added the ability to set the character encoding for SFTP site profiles. This feature was missing.
Update available via LiveUpdate

Known issues:
  1. We are currently investigating an issue where aborting a FTP download with MODE Z enabled results in FlashFXP consuming all available memory before finally crashing with an out of memory error. (Possibly resolved, as no crash reports in the past couple days)
  2. We are not aware of any other issues or problems, Please let us know if you find something and we'll be more than happy to look into it.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
sjmike
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I am having issues with the Move to top function.

When I right click and select Move to top it doesn't do anything. However all the other move functions work.
sjmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmike View Post
I am having issues with the Move to top function.

When I right click and select Move to top it doesn't do anything. However all the other move functions work.
Is there a transfer in progress when you attempt to use the "move to top" feature?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
sjmike
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Yes, there is. This hasn't been a problem in the past versions. I know its not supposed to move all the way to the top while a transfer is happening, but it doesn't move up at all.
sjmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you, I have confirmed the issue and it will be addressed in the next release.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #6
frostyboy
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Hi Bigstar,

Thanks for making FlashFXP better with each build

AV: Avast! Internet Security

Just a bug here:

I would open up FlashFXP. Then, the queue list would appear. Ideally, there should be an option to have the "Queue List" toggled by most recent on top and most recent at bottom.

Anyway so I would load one of the files from the Queue List and resume the download from the 'fqf' file. The download continues fine. Note the FTP site I am connected to is Auth SSL.

Next I would open up a new (2nd) session as the site concerned supports simultaneous logins and load the same queue file from the Queue List.

When resuming from this 2nd session, I get the following error message:

FlashFXP 4.1.0 (build 1610) [BETA]
Support Forums http://forum.flashfxp.com

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 1.0.0d 8 Feb 2011
Error: "****.******.org" not found in Site Manager

Yes, it is true, that the FTP in question is not in my "Site Manager", but rather in my FTP history. However upon loading this new session, the history of the FTP details somehow disappears and so I can't resume the queue in the 2nd session.

This did not happen before?
frostyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
frostyboy
FlashFXP Beta Tester

After finishing queue instead of going back to c:\users\frosty\my documents\tv\ which is where i saved the file it goes back to c:\users\frosty\my documents.... surely it should stay in the TV folder as that is where the file was saved in to?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
hennie1nl
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Selective transfer isn't working and hasn't been working for many builds already. Nothing is skipped. Please fix.
hennie1nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

frostyboy Assuming the site is still in your quick connect history this should not occur. Do you do anything at all related to FlashFXP in between loading the first and second queue?

When you load a queue and click transfer queue it will connect to the site perform the transfer on completion it will switch back to the initial folder prior to transferring the queue. If you were in the TV folder prior to starting the queue then it would remain in that folder. In addition if you navigate away to some other folder while the queue is in progress it will remain in the folder you navigated to.

Hennie1nl I was just made aware of this issue tonight. Unfortunately I have several other issues I am currently working on as well that also need to be addressed. I will do my best to get this resolved ASAP.

After this next beta release I will be slowing down beta releases to give myself more time to do internal testing, The past 20+ builds were released with minimal testing and now these unexpected issues are starting to get out of control.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #10
frostyboy
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
frostyboy Assuming the site is still in your quick connect history this should not occur. Do you do anything at all related to FlashFXP in between loading the first and second queue?
Other than commencing the queue, nothing at all.

Also you mentioned you were slowing down beta releases - that is fine, but isn't more minds better than one

Cheers
Old 07-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #11
hennie1nl
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Bigstar : thanks for trying to fix the selective transfer issue..however it hasn't been fully fixed as it skips everything now when setting it to "default".
Old 07-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #12
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennie1nl View Post
Bigstar : thanks for trying to fix the selective transfer issue..however it hasn't been fully fixed as it skips everything now when setting it to "default".
Did you test build 1612? It should be fixed in that build. If it is still broken in 1612 please let me know ASAP. Either on the forums or directly via the contact us link. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #13
hennie1nl
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Hi..I missed build 1612 and its notes and didn't check with that build yet. However I got some other problem now. I tried to update my existing flashfxp installation (build 1611) two times now by running FlashFXP41_1612_Setup.exe but after doing that my build REMAINS 1611 accorinding to the ABOUT popup and the bug is still there. So I can't test build 1612 yet if the problem has been solved. What's going on?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #14
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Did you run the installer directly or from within FlashFXP?

Are you using the regular or portable installation?

If the update installer fails to replace a file due to a sharing or permission error it will not be able to complete the update and it will finish the installation on restart.

There should of been some type of error dialog indicating this, however if running from within FlashFXP the dialog most likely would of been suppressed, but the update launcher stub should of reported an error indicating that a manual install would be required.

If you check within your temp folder there should be a random folder created by the installer and a log file that may indicate the reason the installation was unable to finish.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #15
hennie1nl
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I am using the regular installation. I did not have any kind of indication anything was in use but I guess that indeed was the reason since I think I still had a hidden FlashFXP process running (no visible icon anymore somehow) which needed to be killed manually by use of the task manager. The fact that I didn't get any kind of error message got me confused at first. So I guess this means the installer isn't without its flaws. Anyway I managed to update now to build 1612 and the original issue seems fixed. Thanks.

Tags
download, flashfxp, ftp, issues, sftp