Old 07-04-2002, 04:37 AM   #1
|di|

Default FXP stalls after trasfering small files

Hi !

I downloaded yesterday FlashFXP 2.0 RC2 build 862 (upgrading latest beta) and I had problems during some fxp transfers that I don't use to have before with the same sites...

It looks like after a transfer of small files (binary of ascii mode / nfo, file_id.diz, m3u), FlashFXP doesn't see that the transfer is complete. The file is transfered and complete, but FlashFXP keeps going like the file wasn't transfered.

I'm using w2k pro, direct ip connection to Internet.

I don't know all the ftp server version, but I'm sure it happens when tranfering from glftpd 1.26_Linux to Serv-u 3.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:36 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Which version/build did you upgrade from? I will look into this matter and get back to you.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:52 AM   #3
floris
FlashFXP Registered User

.nfo files, rofl. nm.

Anyway, I noticed this too, and I assumed it was a one time occurance, but it just happened again. This time on a 3 mb file. It looked like it was transferring, but when i logged in with another instance, i saw the file was already 100% there. I just quit the first client. When it happens again, I will make a screenshot of the status window and post it.

What happened with 1.x evaluation with multiple instances was; that when I load a few, and sometimes am a bit quick with the right-click transfer, it seems like it is hanging on the popup. When I then try to switch between programs on the task bar it starts to flash, and I have to use Alt-TAB to switch between programs. I thought this was fixed in 2.x but it happened today too. So I guess it might be worth mentioning.

I am sorry, my english isn't my first language and I am trying to explain as best as I can, and showing it in a screenshot is hard, because it needs animation.

It isn't only the flashfxp proggy that starts to flash when i click on it to focus in front of me, it happens then to all the progs, and its flashfxp that is causing it.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:56 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

After further investigation you appear to be correct. This is a bug.

This bug is a result of some changes I made to resolve a stalling issue related to the "send noops during transfer" option and fxp transfers. When I tested the changes I neglected to test small files.

Registered users can download the latest build via LiveUpdate which resolves this issue. Everyone else will have to wait until the next public release.

Tags
complete, file, flashfxp, transfer, transfered