PDA

View Full Version : About pretimes checking....

godlike
01-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Well im using ioftpd + ioa + iob all last versions available to registered users. And i have mysql db with pretimes in it.

But now i would like to iobanana to check pretime when the rls is being uped that is on mkd.

Ive done setting it up in iobanana.ini

check_pretime_on_mkd=1
and the db info is filled up correctly.

Now the thing is the db i am having is not the structure as iob wants it. For exmp. i have table 'type' and table 'name' but i dont have a table called 'timestamp' i have it called some other name. I cant change the table name in that db. So i was wondering if there is a way to somehow correct in iob the setting to still work. Because now i cant check for pretimes, and i get this in ioBanana_err.txt:

05-01-26 20:02:28 checkpretime 1: error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Mysql info is filled up correctly triple checked it, and tried connecting with mysql client and it works. MYSQL version running is: Mysql 4.1

I would need this :) if it`s hard coded in .exe any way Harm of you fixing that table name in it so i can use it :(

Well in any way thx and cya.

Mouton
01-26-2005, 03:45 PM
client library is from 3.23 branch
If you want to use with a 4.1 server, you'll need to change your user to use the old_password scheme.

update user set passowrd=OLD_PASSWORD('potato') were username='xyz';

(or something similar... this is discussed on mysql doc site, and in many forums; a google search for that error msg would show you the complete procedure to fix)

godlike
01-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Mouton thanx for pointing me out, problem with pass fixed, but now there is the problem like i mentioned it:

05-01-26 22:43:48 checkpretime 1: error: Unknown column 'timestamp' in 'order clause'

i have othe name for the table with pre times in it, and cannot change it to some other name......

Previous post explains it all.

Again thanx for solving the 50% of my problem Mouton. You can shake your :banana: now :)

I hope harm sees my other 50% of the problem.

cheers

Mouton
01-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Last time I checked, you couldn't change the column names in ioB config.
You could try to hex-edit ioBanana.exe and change it, but timestamp might be used for other things.. I don't remember... Worth a try.

godlike
01-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Thats why im waiting for harm. He can do it alot easier as me. And i dont hex edit without permission .....

Mouton
01-26-2005, 05:33 PM
That's been asked many times. I'd guess harm's answer will be the same answer he gave the last time someone asked. You could probably find forum threads about that.

godlike
01-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Searched the forum quite alot before posting about my "problem", no answer that would clear my mind, or solve my problem thou. That`s why im posting this.

Mouton
01-26-2005, 05:58 PM
http://www.ioftpd.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1910&highlight=pretime+column

godlike
01-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Oh well not searched enough, but this post is old old.
Im still hoping for harm actualy replying and at least tell me where to change, i found in iobanana.exe with hex editor the places i need to 'edit', but i doubt it will still be runable :(

Harm
01-27-2005, 01:20 AM
I can't actually tell you where to edit, I usually don't need that.

Custom databases are still far far away in my todo list.
And no, I don't plan to build customized ioBanana.exe for every database scheme outside.

godlike
01-27-2005, 03:23 AM
Ok. You cant but if i beg you on my knees to do that for my sorry ass, because it realy isnt much of a work and i realy need it. Would you do it then ?

And besides that i know if i ask you for a source so i can change it myself and build it myself, then i know i ask too mutch. So in any way i would realy like to have this, i dont want to change the whole zipscript because of this little 'flaw'. :(