PDA

View Full Version : [Fixed] the bot can't find stderr

godlike
06-13-2004, 10:53 AM
The bot connect fine the first time he is started but then if the ftp goes down or something and then ftp comes back up again the bot wont connect to it again i get message on bot like this:

[15:45] ☻ioBanana 9 by Mouton & Harm☻ attempting to connect to FTP...
[15:45] Error in timer executing ftp_login (error writing "stderr": bad file num
ber)
[15:45] Error in timer executing backupdate (error writing "stderr": bad file nu
mber)

Is there any fixes or what did i do wrong and .rehash on bot gives the same ...

Harm
06-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Is the eggdrop running in -nt mode ?

godlike
06-14-2004, 06:47 AM
No. It`s not runing in -nt mode. It`s very annoying running it in -nt because the dos screen stays open.

I get the error messages on partyline.

Harm
06-14-2004, 07:17 AM
If you don't want to see the window, use a tool like the wonderfull icon (http://www.thewonderfulicon.com/).
You'll continue to get those error messages if you don't run the bot in -nt mode because stderr is that window.

godlike
06-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Ok than i`ll try to run the bot in -nt mode but this worked ok even not in -nt mode on v19 why changing it not to work...

The -nt mode is very annoying, and i would need one little progy just for hidding this window just then when you start eggdrop without user input. The one you gave me the link before Harm is little "too big an complicated" i need just one bat file or something.

I know i know but -nt mode is realy annoying :)