PDA

View Full Version : [Fixed] ioBanana and !free space cmd

rage2001
06-02-2004, 01:37 PM
I noticed in the partyline that about every 20-25 seconds the bot checks for free space... I was wondering if there was a way that we could change this to that it checks say every 600 seconds or something like that... I found the section in the code where it is.. it is in the following method:

proc ftp_ctrl {}

But I am unsure of what to change. To tell you the truth, I don't even need the bot checking for free space, since the site is only used for nfo files.... nothing else... So if you can tell me how to change the time between checks... or to get rid of it all together, it would be awesome... I am using v20rc1 of iob.

Thanks
rage

tuff
06-02-2004, 01:51 PM
find the timer event thats calls that proc

rage2001
06-02-2004, 02:14 PM
yeah I notice it in another method called:

proc backupdate {} {
global ioBvar
incr ioBvar(idlestamp)
ftp_ctrl
set curtimers [utimers]
if {![regexp "backupdate" $curtimers]} {
utimer 30 backupdate
}
}

I am assuming ftp_ctrl does more then just checks space.. .so i dont think I can delete it from there can i?

rage2001
06-02-2004, 03:16 PM
I guess I got it done now... I deleted the ftp_ctrl out of the last proc I posted. Seems to be working so far, with no other problems so far...

Thanks for the hint tuff!

Harm
06-03-2004, 03:03 AM
If you want your sitebot to timeout all the time ...

rage2001
06-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Really. I havent had it on long enough to notice it timeout yet... well Harm.. is there anyway I can do what I want to do? Even if I could change it from every 30 seconds or so to another time limit?

By saying that the bot would timeout all the time, would you mean that the site free command is preventing the bot from timing out by doing that command? os is there something elsein the ftp_ctrl proc?

rage

Harm
06-04-2004, 12:58 AM
There's something else in the ftp_ctrl proc.
This part of ioBanana.tcl isn't only checking free space but sends SITE NOOP every 90seconds as well (and a few other things).