PDA

View Full Version : StormSEARCH - site search command

St0rm
02-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Hi, this is my attempt at a site search command. Use this if you don't like ioA's ;)
It uses an external file to store directories in, so you will have to start from scratch, but it will be super-fast ;p (oh, it doesn't search files btw).
If you run in any trouble, please leave a message in the thread.

Edit: Download this script at http://www.ioftpd.com/scripts/

Greetz,

Storm

BlkSupraTT
02-09-2004, 11:39 AM
sounds good, will try it when i get home. thanks for neat alternative search script storm :)

Zer0Racer
02-09-2004, 12:27 PM
To start from scratch doesn't sound good if you ask me. It's like a dupescript where the db has to be built up from scratch.

Okay it eventually searches from that list... What happens if a dir is deleted/moved/renamed etc.? Does it update the list?

I personally like ioA's way of searching. It actually 'searches' - not like a dupeDB. New ioA can search from a list too. There is an option to enable that feature. It scans through the search paths once and builds a complete list to search from. It very fast (too). Only con is list (currently) has to be re-built every N hours or mins from scheduler (or manually) to be updated. But still huge performance gain on VERY BIG sites.

Just my two cents.

St0rm
02-09-2004, 01:03 PM
I will add 'real' searching as soon as i figure out how to do it efficiently. Dunno how fast Delphi is with it.

jeza
03-10-2004, 08:28 AM
hi

and pls addd support for full rls name

| /test/mp3/0310/Broken_Home-Broken_Ho... | Jeza | 03/10/2004 |