PDA

View Full Version : alcobot problem

lemonstar
08-12-2006, 05:44 PM
hello,

i tried to start the bot but i always get this error.

[00:42] [☻AlcoBot☻] Unable to load module "ftpd": initialisation failed: the mes
sage window "ioFTPD::MessageWindow" does not exist
[00:42] [☻AlcoBot☻] Module Loaded: groups
[00:42] [☻AlcoBot☻] Module Loaded: help
[00:42] [☻AlcoBot☻] Unable to load module "invite": missing module dependency "f
tpd"
[00:42] [☻AlcoBot☻] Unable to load module "online": initialisation failed: the m
essage window "ioFTPD::MessageWindow" does not exist

well possibly there's someone who has got the oppertunity to help me. thanks anyway

tuff
08-12-2006, 05:52 PM
post in the correct thread in future please

hukker
08-13-2006, 02:41 AM
What you could do is change the ioFTPD:messagewindow in ioFTPD.ini and then do the same in alcobot.conf

for example.

alcobot.conf
#### FTPD
msgWindow = ioFTPD::MessageWindow1

ioFTPD.ini
[Threads]
WindowName = ioFTPD::MessageWindow1
(if you dont have this option, simply just add it under threads).

Also how do you start ioftpd? do you use firedaemon maybe? This problem you have usally accurs when someones running eggdrop/ioftpd as a service. And if they dont start on the same windows account you get the errors you have.
If thats the case you can skip all of the above and simply type in the account name / password of your windows account in firedaemon in the settings window. If you dont use a windows login you can try try checking the box interact with desktop in firedaemon, just look around and youll find it. Do this on both the eggdrop / ioftpd service.

lemonstar
08-13-2006, 11:20 AM
iam using ioservice to start my ioftpd. i also entered username and password of the windows account to bringt it up with ssl support. what i dont use is eggdrop as service.
as u wrote i renamed my ioftpd::messagewindow but i get the same error. any other suggestions?

hukker
08-13-2006, 11:54 AM
you renamed them both in ioftpd.ini and alcobot.conf right?

zOrP
08-13-2006, 01:09 PM
remove io as a service.

Use firedaemon to run both ioFTPD and eggdrop as a service

lemonstar
08-13-2006, 04:01 PM
i did but alcobot does not announce anything at all except the help :/

lemonstar
08-13-2006, 08:39 PM
skipped alcobot and launchend dzsbot, it works fine besides one problem, i tried to invite my self by using the site command invite -nick-. it says everything works fine, but i dont get a invetation.

zOrP
08-15-2006, 02:24 PM
hehe.. this is not thread for dzsbot..

But, maybe u should try launching alcobot with -nt mode too..
In firedaemon, under parameters type: -nt