PDA

View Full Version : [Investigated] Slow bot response on bw commands

oldhouse
09-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Anyone noticed very slow reaction when u ask bw or speed in chan? Looks like bot is much more slower than previous banana. Any idea to solve this issue harm?

Harm
09-27-2005, 06:16 PM
In fact, it's always faster than before here so I've never considered the changes I've made as an "issue". Have you tried those commands when the bot was announcing something in the channel ? The bot avoids spamming using message queues (the eggdrop ones). The announces have the highest priority and thus if the bot has to choose between replying to your command and announcing something, it'll delay the reply and announce first.
If not, I would be interested in seeing how you've configured it.

oldhouse
09-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Making some tests, I think that slowdown during announces is cause by the usual sharedb, cause using it, bot takes longer time to login into ftp.

Harm
09-28-2005, 03:26 PM
/me waits for the new module system and the sample module's source code ;)
Anyway, I'll continue to learn about databases in the meantime.

Thank you for the information. You could try to use a local account for the bot instead of a shared one.. perhaps it'll improve that a bit.

_panic_
09-28-2005, 07:16 PM
/me waits for the new module system and the sample module's source code ;)

haha! i was working earlier today on documenting the UserModule, plus writing a sample UserModule. i'm going to have to make code changes for the new module system to be truly useful, but getting something that will work with what we've got today is at least a start.

i'm planning on posting what i've got UserModule-wise early next week. it will be rough around the edges, but better than nothing.