PDA

View Full Version : [nxTools] To hide the PRE uploaders completely.

iam
04-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Pre Script:
- Chown releases to hide the uploader's identity.Possible of add a feature for hide completely the PREer ?
in the files of stats: ".ioFTPD.message" the identity is revealed.

I had ask the same request for ioA at the beginning.

I think best the solution would be to remove this file automatically
like ioA.
But it would not be rather possible to replace the owner on a pre ? like "site new"
that would make it possible to preserve the stats.

neoxed
04-20-2005, 05:37 PM
nxTools will only change the file and directory owners to hide the uploader's user name on PRE. Any decent zipscript should have an option to hide user names in message files for certain directories (i.e. /PRE or /GROUPS).

I might consider adding an option for deleting .ioFTPD.message files; but the bottom line is, the zipscript shouldn't be logging this information in the first place.

iam
04-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Any decent zipscript should have an option to hide user names in message files for certain directories (i.e. /PRE or /GROUPS).

Unfortunately it is not the case for pz-s and php_psio.

sk1nt
04-21-2005, 02:23 AM
Hiding file and directory owner has also a downside when it comes to nuke for grpreq or whatever reason. The uploaders wount loose any creds.
A possible solution might be, as this script also nuke, to make a .ioFTPD.nuke.message file on pre that stores the owners of the files and dirs that the nukepart can use instead of checking ownership of the files and dirs directly.

neoxed
05-24-2005, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by sk1nt
Hiding file and directory owner has also a downside when it comes to nuke for grpreq or whatever reason. The uploaders wount loose any creds.
You're right. I've added this to the 'To Do' list, hopefully I will have time to look at it for the next version.

iam
05-26-2005, 07:24 AM
and for hide the uploaders pre ?