Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 930 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Files per folder limit Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 4.4

cziv_1
01-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Files per folder limit

During the weekend i transfered a website to an other hoster, using Flashfxp normal ftp download and upload.

After doing that, i found out that around 2000 files (images) have been lost during the transfer.

Doing some research it seems that a large directory with over 10.000 images has been truncated to 10.000 files. The rest has not been downloaded by FlashFXP. Also i'm unable to VIEW the whole directory. I see around 10.000 files.

And this happens to my old and NEW hoster. I can't see/manage over 10.000 files per directory.

Is that a problem of the ftp client ? I think so, because using Cpanel file manager i see and manage everything.

Thanks
Super Duper
MxxCon
01-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Re: Files per folder limit

Sounds like a configuration of ftp SERVER rather than FlashFXP to list only 1st 10000 files.
I'm pretty sure bigstar tested folders with 100s of thousands of files.
01-28-2014, 10:13 AM

Yes this is a server limit side, a large directory listing can put a lot of strain on the FTP server and effect other services running on the machine, to limit the effect the FTP server truncates the listing.

You can find more information about this by searching our forums.
cziv_1
01-28-2014, 01:22 PM

First, i am sorry to see closed threads just like that.

This is not only a LISTING Problem. I can't transfer (download) with Ftp more than 10.000. How this can be a limit of a server. All servers ?

I don't think so.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-28-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
First, i am sorry to see closed threads just like that.
This was filed as a bug report, clearly it is not and that is why it was closed.

Quote:
This is not only a LISTING Problem. I can't transfer (download) with Ftp more than 10.000. How this can be a limit of a server. All servers ?
FlashFXP can only see what the FTP server wants it to see, if the FTP server truncates the listing to 10,000 files then FlashFXP isn't going to know anything about files 10,001... 10,002... 10,003.. etc

It can't transfer the files because it doesn't know that they exist.

The limit depends on the FTP server software, but also on the configuration, I know that PureFTPD can be re-configured to adjust the limit higher or lower, Some FTP servers might use a fixed limit, or something else.

Here's some more information for you
https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/flashf...y-showing.html
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket