Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 553 Category: Functionality
Title: Allow sites without username/password and prompt for username/password on connect Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

Whissi
09-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Allow sites without username/password and prompt for username/password on connect

Hi,

currently it is not possible to use a "site" with multiple credentials.

For example: I am connection via SFTP to a server. Sometimes I am using the username "foo" and sometimes I am using the username "bar".

Currently I have to create two sites in FXP to support that (or change username each time).

Why don't you allow an empty username field, which will result in prompting the user when the server is requesting one?

This would allow me to create a site and set up my SSH key (because "foo" and "bar" will accept the same key). I could use this site for "foo" and "bar"...

I hope you understand me

This is currently supported by WinSCP and Putty.
Super Duper
MxxCon
09-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Re: Allow sites without username/password and prompt for username/password on connect

um, this already exist in FlashFXP.
just create a site entry w/o username or password and FlashFXP will ask you for those before connecting.
09-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Re: Allow sites without username/password and prompt for username/password on connect

Have you tried it?

I created a new SFTP site. I entered a username, set the key and connected to make sure everything is ok.

No I cleared the username and tried to connect again: I don't get a prompt for a username, looks like FXP is trying to connect without a username...
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-03-2011, 07:41 PM

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

It appears that the login prompt is not shown for SFTP servers when using public key authentication. This appears to be a mistake.

I will change this in the next release.
Super Duper
MxxCon
09-04-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whissi
Have you tried it?

I created a new SFTP site. I entered a username, set the key and connected to make sure everything is ok.

No I cleared the username and tried to connect again: I don't get a prompt for a username, looks like FXP is trying to connect without a username...
Yes i tried it! I wouldn't post it if I haven't tried it or if FlashFXP couldn't do it.
09-12-2011, 05:31 PM

Hi,

I have to reopen this ticket:

I noticed, that FXP will trigger an authentication error with the current implementation, because of the empty password field:

Code:
[R] Connecting to XXX -> IP=YYY PORT=22
[R] Connected to XXX
[R] Host key algorithm ssh-RSA, size 2048 bits.
[R] Fingerprint (MD5): ZZ:ZZ:ZZ
[R] Key exchange: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1. Session encryption: aes256-ctr, MAC: hmac-sha1, compression: none.
[R] Auth Type: Keyboard-interactive
[R] Keyboard Authentication Requested. Prompt (0) "Password: "
[R] Keyboard Authentication, Password Sent.
[R] Authentication failed. Keyboard-interactive
[R] Auth Type: Public Key
[R] Authentication succeeded
[R] SSH Connection open
I won't send an empty password. If you want to support an empty password, you should add a checkbox "Empty password" (same for username btw).
Whissi
10-10-2011, 10:25 AM

Update:
There is another problem with the current behvior... you won't get a prompt for a password.

I guess you should really add a field "empty password" to support that special case. But when this option isn't activated, show a prompt.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket