Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 524 Category: Functionality
Title: Selective transfer Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

Infector
07-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Selective transfer

it's possible to add Selective transfer position to saved queue?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Re: Selective transfer

Can you please explain what you mean by this, I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking.
Infector
07-10-2011, 09:40 AM

i add selective transfer rules and use it when download files from ftp. if i close ffxp with not finished queue and then restore it i need select selective transfer rules again. can u save active selective transfer rules to saved queue?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-10-2011, 09:57 AM

You can right-click on a folder within the queue list and select Edit, from the item properties dialog you can define a specific selective transfer rule.

This is the only way to assign a selective transfer rule to a queue.
Infector
07-10-2011, 03:46 PM

understand.

but maybe u can add option in future version to save active selective transfer rule to queue?

sometime i forgot set selective transfer rule after restore queue
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-15-2011, 10:56 AM

Selective transfer rules were originally designed to be completely separate from queue files, thats the beauty of them, you can change them on demand without having to worry about them being linked to a queue file. Allowing a single queue file to be used to perform multiple specific tasks based on which selective transfer rule set is active.

In 4.0 we added the ability to bind a specific selective transfer rule to an individual item within the queue, this provides additional flexibility for scheduled tasks where a single task could then be used for multiple specific tasks.

I completely understand your point of view and there are some situations where it would make sense to allow binding of the current selective transfer rule to a queue file. However this poses a complex problem of how to determine when these rules should be stored as part of the queue file.

I suppose the user could be prompted after selecting a rule set and asked if they want to bind the rule set or just use it for the current session. However this could become a tedious task of always clicking yes or no each time the user changes the rule set.

A global setting might not be practical because of the over-all impact of such a feature. The user would need to be aware of which rule set is being used at all time.

Is there any specific reason you use a selective transfer rule set instead of a per-site skip list?
Infector
07-15-2011, 12:51 PM

Is there any specific reason you use a selective transfer rule set instead of a per-site skip list?

1.per-site skip list can't be disabled without entering to site manager
2.i use selective transfer for different sites
3.i use selective transfer for same site from time to time

maybe u can add option like "Save active selective transfer to queue" ?
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket