Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1017 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: flashfxp 5.0 doesn't correctly transfer a binary file via SFTP Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 5.0.0

suichengw
02-20-2015, 10:02 AM
flashfxp 5.0 doesn't correctly transfer a binary file via SFTP

Dear Support,

I used to transfer files with flashfxp 3.0 and 4.0, everything was fine.

Recently I upgraded flashfxp to 5.0.0 build 3805, imported site list from 4.0, uploaded a .tar.gz file from my pc to a Solaris server, and then I failed to extract the .tar.gz file. File size of remote (Solaris 11 server) and local (my pc), is the same.

pc: Win 7
remote servers: Solaris 11
connection type: SFTP over SSH

I've done some tests,

1. uninstalled both flashfxp 4 and 5, re-installed flashfxp 5 (so no old data was imported), manually created a site profile => problem persisted.

2. tried download .tar.gz file from Solaris server to my pc => problem persisted (I failed to extract file on my pc)

3. tried another PC with Win 7 => problem persisted

4. tried to change many site options but connection type => problem persisted
(The Solaris server does not enable "FTP" and I can connect to it only with "SFTP over SSH")

5. tried my own Solaris server (another Solaris 11 box) => problem persisted

6. re-installed flashfxp 4 and used 4 to transfer files => did not see this problem

7. changed connection type to "FTP" and connected to my own Solaris server => did not see this problem

Not sure if this is relevant to Solaris, however, I have no server with other OS to test.

In the meantime I have to use flashfxp 4 temporarily but I really hope to enjoy new features of flashfxp 5. Kindly assist, thanks.

Sui-Cheng
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Re: flashfxp 5.0 doesn't correctly transfer a binary file via SFTP

This issue is a duplicate of the following bug report
https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/flash...orruption.html

I will send you a private message with the fixed build for testing purposes.

This fix will be included in the next public release but at this time a date has not been set.
suichengw
02-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Re: flashfxp 5.0 doesn't correctly transfer a binary file via SFTP

The build 3807 works fine, great!
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket