Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 592 Category: Feature Request
Title: Explorer to Explorer move/copy issue Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.1 stable

thomasmutton
10-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Explorer to Explorer move/copy issue

Hi,

I have been using FlashFXP for a few years now and have just updated to the latest version.

One of the features I like to use is Explorer to Explorer copying as I copy files from my local HDD to a network drive.

I have always been able to drag and drop files and usually if the file already exists it would come up with the "Copy and Replace" prompt.

This has now changed to "Move and Replace" which is no good for me. Would it be possible if you guys could put in an option in preferences for this? To set the default as either Copy or Move? That would be a great help as i'm stuck without it!

Many thanks

Tom
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Re: Explorer to Explorer move/copy issue

Thank you for letting us know that you prefer the old method of of copy vs move, We will make this an option in our next release, allowing you to select copy or move as the action that is performed, this setting will be located in the Preferences dialog > General > Actions
thomasmutton
10-22-2011, 01:26 PM

Thank you. That will be a great help to me! When are you planning to release the next version? I have been using FlashFXP for a long time and wouldn't consider moving to another FTP client. Thanks again.
thomasmutton
11-01-2011, 05:45 AM

Hello again. I have downloaded the new version of FlashFXP (4.1.4) and still can't copy files from local to local. Is there a setting I need to switch on? Thanks
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
11-01-2011, 10:43 AM

Yes, the setting is located in the Preferences dialog > Actions section > Local to Local, you need to change the default from Copy to Move and click the OK button to save your changes.
thomasmutton
11-01-2011, 10:55 AM

That's what I thought. I located the option in preferences, changed it from move to copy and it still prompts me with Move and replace if the file exists in the destination location. If the file doesn't exist then it moves it anyway. I don't think this option is working
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
11-01-2011, 02:44 PM

Sorry, it would appear that this new feature wasn't tested enough and I have discovered several problems with it.

Also I made a mistake in my previous reply, You wanted to copy and not move them, so the correct setting would be Copy and not Move.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket