Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 289 Category: N/A
Title: Automatical MD5 hash creation&checking (maybe relevant for 30+ GB files?) Status: Open
Severity: Medium Version: N/A

flashfxp-friend
07-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Automatical MD5 hash creation&checking (maybe relevant for 30+ GB files?)

Hello,

thanks for making the #1 FTP program in the world! I just recently transferred a 30 GB file over my LAN with it. I don't know any exact probabilities, but 30 GB seems like a file size that would have a somewhat realistic chance of getting corrupted on the way, so I think it'd be really handy if FlashFXP was able to check file integrity automatically. Having to start external programs in both the host and client computer is an unnecessary nuisance in my opinion. It'd be cool if you can implement this. Keep up the good work!
Super Duper
MxxCon
07-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Re: Automatical MD5 hash creation&checking (maybe relevant for 30+ GB files?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfxp-friend
Having to start external programs in both the host and client computer is an unnecessary nuisance in my opinion.
no matter what, FlashFXP won't be able to do integrity check on the remote side, so you'll have to run some sort of checker regardless.

If you want integrity in your transfers, use any type of encryption, such as sftp or ftps.
if there is corruption during the transfer, destination won't be able to decrypt packets and transfer will either abort or packets will retransmit.
07-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Re: Automatical MD5 hash creation&checking (maybe relevant for 30+ GB files?)

The best way to do it would be to create a Simple File Verification (SFV) that can be used to verify the file was transferred properly. Creating the SFV on 30gb would be a somewhat slow process.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket