Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 963 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: No longer able to connect to SFTP over SSH with latest bulid Status: Closed
Severity: Critical Version: 4.4

neildmd
09-02-2014, 12:07 PM
No longer able to connect to SFTP over SSH with latest bulid

After updating to the latest build (4.4.4 build 2046) I'm no longer able to connect to my server via SFTP over SSH. I'm using a 2048 bit RSA key in PuTTY format. Exact same issue as described in this thread for v5 beta only difference being that the selected key is actually saved in Site Manager. I see it's been fixed in the beta but I prefer to stick with the stable release build.

Log:

[13:57:55] [R] Connected to XXXXX
[13:57:55] [R] Host key algorithm ssh-RSA, size 2048 bits.
[13:57:55] [R] Fingerprint (MD5): 91:f2:8f:1a:84:27:b6:25:b1:33:60:e1:9b:87:54:4b
[13:57:55] [R] Key exchange: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1. Session encryption: aes256-ctr, MAC: hmac-sha1, compression: none.
[13:57:55] [R] SSH Error: failed to negotiate authentication method []
[13:57:55] [R] SSH Connection closed
[13:57:55] [R] Connection failed
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Re: No longer able to connect to SFTP over SSH with latest bulid

I doubt the problem is related since the problem in v5 was specific to a couple builds. It was caused by accidentally adding the code to store the SSL cipher string in-between the two lines of code that handled retrieving the SFTP Key ID and writing that Key ID to the data file.

One thing you might want to verify is the "Login Type" and make sure its set to "key based".

SSH Error: failed to negotiate authentication method []

When there is no value between [] i.e. Public Key, Password, etc then the authentication method is undefined which means
that either no authentication method was selected by the client or the host doesn't accept the method selected by the client.

You might try changing the "Login Type" to "password" followed by clicking Apply, then back to "Key Based" re-select the private key and click the Apply button. This will ensure that the correct values are set just in case there is some oddity in the site profile entry.
neildmd
09-24-2014, 05:05 PM

You were right, I just had to select Key Based instead of Key Based (PuTTY Agent) and it worked. I'm kicking myself for not trying something so simple, just figured it was a bug because the PuTTY Agent option worked before the update. I would have replied sooner but I didn't get any notification. Thanks a million for creating such a beautiful FTP client, I don't there's a nicer client in existence for Windows.
neildmd
09-24-2014, 05:06 PM

Bug closed
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket