Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 92 Category: General / Unknown
Title: FlashFXP pauses at end of filetransfer Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 3.5.3 (3.6 RC 3)

psxc
12-17-2007, 02:28 PM
FlashFXP pauses at end of filetransfer

My setup is winXP with latest patches and SP2. I use FlashFXP 3.6 RC3. The ftp server on the other end is a native ftpd in fbsd 6.2 (it's just named 'ftpd').

The problem is that transfers pause at/near the end of files. Not all files, either, but more or less random. It doesn't matter what filetypes, though I mostly (99%) transfer binary files, and haven't had any problems with ascii files.

The weird part is that a gesture with the mouse will make the transfer continue (onto the next file in queue) if the gesture is either inside the ffxp window, or moved from the outside of it and into the window. I do not have to click or do anything particular - just move the mouse somewhere inside the window.

The progressbar/timebar also pause, so it doesn't look like there's been a pause anywhere.

This is quite annoying, as I really don't wish to spend time sitting in front of a computer wiggling the mouse and waiting for files to finish transfer.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Re: FlashFXP pauses at end of filetransfer

Roughly how long is the transfer duration when transfers pause?

Is it completely random as far as file size goes, or do smaller/larger files seem to trigger it more often?

Does it seem like the transfer has completed but the server hasn't sent the transfer complete reply yet, or does it look like a few more blocks of data still need to be sent?

Does your computer have a dual/quad core CPU or single?

Do you have the option in Preferences > Display > Options > "Fast file transfer progress updates" checked? if not does checking it help?

I've had one other report of this issue, however I was never able to pin-point any problems on my end, however I had every little to go by and the person who originally reported it never got back to me.
psxc
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM

>Roughly how long is the transfer duration when transfers pause?
>Is it completely random as far as file size goes, or do smaller/larger files seem to trigger it more often?
Looks random - it can stop on each 15MB file, or let let 10-20 pass before it stops again. Size doesn't seem to matter - I've tried with 100MB files as well, but cannot see any difference.

>Does it seem like the transfer has completed but the server hasn't sent the transfer complete reply yet, or does it look like a few more blocks of data still need to be sent?
Hard to say. It's not at 100 percent, but not far from it. It completes within a second after I've moved my mouse.

>Does your computer have a dual/quad core CPU or single?
Single core AMD64 3200+ CPU (32bit windows installed)

>Do you have the option in Preferences > Display > Options > "Fast file transfer progress updates" checked? if not does checking it help?
Yes, I have the option checked.

>I've had one other report of this issue, however I was never able to pin-point any problems on my end, however I had every little to go by and the person who originally reported it never got back to me.
No worries - I won't go anywhere.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-17-2007, 05:06 PM

This has been resolved in build 1223
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket