Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 876 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Very annoying bug that clears your file! Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 4.3 stable

andry
05-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Very annoying bug that clears your file!

Hi,

I had have this bug since a long time, but never reported it.

PureFTPd has an idle time-out FlashFXP does not "see", it still thinks it is connected until there is an action. Well, here is the REAL problem:

"Edit" a file in FlashFXP (no matter if internal- or external editor), now leave that editor open for like 30 minutes (PureFTPd has timed out, but FlashFXP does not know). If I now return to that editor and edit that file and save again, FlashFXP reconnects and parses a 0 byte file instead, maybe the temporary file was gone and it now uploads just "dirt"?

("Little" Bug#2: Ctrl+Backspace destroys your file in internal editor!)

Hope for your help!

Bye and thanks anyway,

André
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Re: Very annoying bug that clears your file!

Hello Andry,

We've been working on this issue for the past month and a half and I do believe the issue is now finally resolved, We've only had a couple people report this issue so its been very slow progress to get this issue confirmed as 100% fixed.

The latest release on our website (https://oss.azurewebsites.net/download) includes our fix.

If you could help us confirm that the issue is now resolved it would help us move towards releasing an update via liveupdate so everyone else can enjoy edit files without this major headache.

I was not aware of the issue with ctrl+backspace, I will look into this and possibly make some changes for the next update.

Thanks again.
andry
05-28-2013, 05:06 PM

Hi,

Wow! Thank you! What a fast response.

I will keep you informed!

// Sorry, was in a hurry and just now read about the bug reports before mine. :/

//edit2: Let it timeout again, no problem so far. But it happened randomly, let's wait. - let me know if you need an account on my server for testing yourself.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-28-2013, 07:52 PM

Yeah exactly, the fact that it occurs randomly has caused us the most problems.

If you manage to reproduce the issue again let me know and then I might take you up on your offer.
X3
05-30-2013, 06:16 AM

Something similar is happening with my connection to FFxp dev server. I am of course using 4.3.1 build 1975.

Server ends connection and ffxp is non the wiser, this whole thing sounds familiar to me. And of course the dev server is Proftpd.

Code:
[19:02:57] [R] Network Error (10054): Connection reset by peer
is what I get when I try to create a folder or transfer a file after the timeout has occurred. perhaps the server logs will tell more client side nothing aside from that, though I can post a full log in a bit as soon as it times out.

If this is unrelated ignore me.
05-30-2013, 10:58 AM

Hi,

I worked a few hours on my site the past days and run into the situation of a timeout/lost connection a lot in various ways.

I am sure it is fixed now.

Thank you very much for your efforts!

I would wait another week before closing tickets related to this anyway.
andry
06-03-2013, 02:46 PM

This is definitely fixed ...
X3
06-04-2013, 11:40 AM

I can confirm that this is fixed by build 1978.