Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 871 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Dir refresh keeps showing files which have been deleted Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 4.3 stable

hennie1nl
05-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Dir refresh keeps showing files which have been deleted

I connect with FlashFXP to my own ftp server (ioftpd)
I enter a dir on the ftp server and let FlashFXP show its subdirs.
When I delete those subdirs outside of FlashFXP and then refresh the dir again the subdirs are still being shown and keep being shown. Doesn't matter how often i refresh.
Upon trying to enter a deleted subdir the (expected) reply is:

"[R] 550 TESTDIR: No such file or directory."

Folder Cache settings are: Enable Cache Off and Refresh on file transfer ON
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-17-2013, 06:54 AM
Re: Dir refresh keeps showing files which have been deleted

Hello,

Thank you for your bug report.

Which specific build of FlashFXP are you using?

When you manually refresh in FlashFXP the directory listing is always retrieved from the FTP server.

If you change into different directory that exists and then back into the original directory where the sub-directories were deleted does the file list update?

Does disconnecting from the server and reconnecting update the directory listing?

Since you indicate that you have caching off in FlashFXP I am quite puzzled as to why its still showing non-existent directories.

Could it be perhaps its a server side caching setting/config/issue?
hennie1nl
05-17-2013, 08:19 AM

Thank you for the swift reply!

I'm using the latest build 1967 but I have seen this behavior before too with older builds just didn't report it sooner.

Disconnecting and connecting again does not change anything...the deleted subdirs are still being shown.

If you change into different directory that exists and then back into the original directory where the sub-directories were deleted does the file list update?
NO

Does disconnecting from the server and reconnecting update the directory listing?
NO

As far as I can tell this is not a server side setting.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-17-2013, 08:40 AM

I did some testing and with folder caching off the directory listing is always retrieved from the FTP server after a disconnect/connect.

The fact that you're still seeing entries that no longer exist lead me to believe that the server is sending server side cached copy of the directory listing. This does not appear to be an issue with the FlashFXP software.

What version of ioftpd are you using?

It appears that some versions have problems with the directory cache not being updated. (based on searching the forums) and there's a special ioftpd command that can be issued from FlashFXP > Raw command and enter "site refresh" to flush the folder cache on the server. You might want to make sure you're using the latest version of ioftpd and perhaps try that raw command and see if it helps.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket