Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 87 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Broken Folder Uploads with PureFTPd 1.1.0 Status: Closed
Severity: Major Version: 3.5.2 (3.6 RC 2)

bizzehdee
11-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Broken Folder Uploads with PureFTPd 1.1.0

having recently upgraded to a new server which uses PureFTPd 1.1.0, i can no longer just select an entire folder with subfolders within it and just upload them all to my "/user/htdocs/" folder. since flash fxp is trying to create "/user/htdocs/newfolder" and failing, when it should be trying to create "newfolder" since you are already within the folder you are working with.
i have tried to upload the same files/folders to the same server, using CuteFTP and everything works fine since they create folders by simply using "newfolder".
also, i have some ftp log.
Code:
[L] PASV
[L] 227 Entering Passive Mode (88,208,246,213,194,6).
[L] Opening data connection IP: 88.208.246.213 PORT: 49670
[L] LIST -al
[L] 150 Accepted data connection
[L] 226-Options: -a -l 
[L] 226 6 matches total
[L] List Complete: 368 bytes in 0.17 seconds (2.1 KB/s)
[L] CWD htdocs
[L] 250 OK. Current directory is /user/htdocs
[L] PWD
[L] 257 "/user/htdocs" is your current location
[L] PASV
[L] 227 Entering Passive Mode (88,208,246,213,220,162).
[L] Opening data connection IP: 88.208.246.213 PORT: 56482
[L] LIST -al
[L] 150 Accepted data connection
[L] 226-Options: -a -l 
[L] 226 121 matches total
[L] List Complete: 7 KB in 0.23 seconds (33.7 KB/s)
[L] MKD /user/htdocs/version
[L] 550 Can't create directory: No such file or directory
[L] CWD /user/htdocs/version
[L] 550 Can't change directory to /user/htdocs/version: No such file or directory
Transfer queue completed
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
11-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Re: Broken Folder Uploads with PureFTPd 1.1.0

This seems highly unusual. The ftp server should allow absolute and relative paths when performing file operations. We like to work with absolute paths because it makes it easier to review the log and see where a folder was made or when browsing the cache while performing file operations the current view may not be the current working folder.

I have used FlashFXP with PureFTPd in the past and did not encounter this type of problem, however I currently don't have any test servers running PureFTPd.

If you can provide me with a test account, I'll be happy to do some tests from my end.

Though I think this might be a configuration setting in the ftp server, I don't really understand why it would deny this type of behavior.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket