Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 867 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: FlasFXP renaming files Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.3 stable

dedomil
04-30-2013, 04:35 AM
FlasFXP renaming files

FlashFXP v4.3.1 (Build 1956)
After upload any file on FTP, FlashFXP rename file from "file.jpg" on "file.jpg_"
paul-dancey
04-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Re: FlasFXP renaming files

For me it's not just a minor problem with image files, since today's live update to 4.31 build 1956, all files and folders now have a trailing underscore added on upload making it pretty well unusable for uploads of multiple files.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-30-2013, 07:03 AM

Please download 1957 and let me know if you still encounter the problem.

I found a drag/drop issue where the returned filename ended in a null character. Some users saw this issue appear as the filename being modified on upload as file.ext_ where the null was replaced with a _
paul-dancey
04-30-2013, 08:02 AM

Yes I can confirm this has fixed the issue I was seeing. Many thanks for the speedy fix.

Paul
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-30-2013, 08:09 AM

Thank you for confirming the fix.

These types of issues can be somewhat frustrating especially when they don't always appear for everyone. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue on any of my test machines but using your description of the problem and comparing the source code changes I was able to limit the scope of the problem down to a single fragment of code.

Knowing that AnsiString are null terminated and that any non-printable character in a filename is converted to a _ (underscore) I was able to determine that the length of the string was off by one and the null was added as part of the string content.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket