Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 863 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Issue when uploading a large file Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 4.3 stable

larry_8
04-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Issue when uploading a large file

I had contacted you about this issue some time ago and you sent me a fix but when another update came along the issue is back.

I am uploading a large video file to our server and it uploads upto 99% but never goes to 100%. It hangs at 99%. If I close the Flash and check the file it is fine but the que is left with this file in it.

I can work with the program not getting to 100% but I need to clear the que so the next time my macro runs it starts with a clean que.

I am starting this upload from the commandline you suggested.

"C:\Program Files\FlashFXP 4\FlashFXP.exe" -upload "Springdale NetroMedia FTP" -remotepath="/service1.f4v" -localpath="C:\Documents and Settings\Media Booth\My Documents\My Videos\WebServiceVideos\service1.f4v"

Everything works in the macro to start the upload except when it reaches 99%.

Any thoughts?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Re: Issue when uploading a large file

I don't recall sending you any special build to resolve this. I reviewed our emails and I am not seeing any indication that the problem was ever resolved.

<confused>
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-29-2013, 04:22 PM

<update>

I re-read all of our emails and I see that I suggested you update to the latest build at the time which resolved the issue. That build happened to be v4.2 build 1878.

I suspect that this might be related to the changes we made with the default TCP/IP keep alives but I am not 100% positive. You can read up on this setting and how to change it here.

If you want to download the previous version that worked you can download the portable edition of that build using this link below.
FlashFXP42_1878_Portable.exe

update 2

I just noticed you're uploading a video file, if the FTP server performs additional processing after upload you may need to disable the "Preserve file date/time" setting and more information can be found here.
larry_8
05-26-2013, 02:48 PM

Here is the email with the patch you sent to me.

I am trying a setting to reduce staying alive to 2 minutes I will see if that helps.

Because at one time it was working and then after and another update it quit again.

Can you please download this update and let me know if it resolves the problem

http://down1.opensightsoftware.com/4...1878_Setup.exe

Regards,
Charles DeWeese
OpenSight Software, LLC
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket