Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 80 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: focus issues with ftp file search? Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 3.5.2 (3.6 RC 2)

DayCuts
10-30-2007, 03:12 AM
focus issues with ftp file search?

Not entirely sure when this started, but i know it is not behaving the way the last final does. (possibly when the 'loss of selection' bug was fixed?)

When the ftp file search child window is open it is very difficult to switch focus between that and the main flashfxp windows, when in past versions it was not.

Basically, just open the ftp file search child, and attempt to switch back and forth between the main window and child window using task bar buttons. When child has focus and you try to click the main window it auto switches back to child, child must be minimized before focus returns. If child window is smaller than main you can click main (application itself not task bar button) and focus will change to main, if you then click the child task bar button it flashes quickly and focus remains on main window, if you then click the main windows task button it 'tries' to switch back to child but repeats the 'flash' action, visible focus stays on main window, although you will note that in the task bar the child window is the active one, child task button must be clicked to minimize then again to restore before you can truely return focus to it.

Hope that sorta explains it enough to reproduce and see whats happening, not the easiest thing to explain without visualization, in any case the behavior is very erratic and undesirable.

Operating system is windows 2000 professional.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Re: focus issues with ftp file search?

I went back and tested RC1 and it too has this similar window switching behavior. I started testing every single previous build and I was able to determine that this issue was introduced back in build 1172. Unfortunately I don't have the source code to 1184 and older on my computer, It's all stored off line at another location.

I'm not entirely sure what change brought on this behavior and I can't seem to simply undo it.

I do have a solution but it's different from the old behavior.

What I propose is that we do away with having the Find dialog on a separate task bar button and have the Find Window always shown on top of the FlashFXP main window (but not on top of other applications), This is the same behavior used in the Calculate FTP Space Used dialog and the Check for Update dialog.
DayCuts
10-31-2007, 12:32 AM

Sounds like a perfectly good solution to me, other than fixing the current strange behavior it would also make it uniform with the rest of flashfxp. Will you be adding the progress indicator to the flashfxp taskbar caption during an ftp file search? i find the little X of X indication very handy.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-31-2007, 01:31 AM

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'll post a new build tomorrow for testing.
DayCuts
11-01-2007, 03:45 AM

New behavior of the FTP File Search child window seems to be working fine as far as i can tell, infact i prefer having only one taskbar button.

In the past you could easily forget which instance is related to the ftp file search when working with a number of sessions, and now you can also minimize the entire session where before the ftp file search would remain open.

Just a completely random side note: In the bug tracker there is a bit of a grammer/spelling issue, "Feature Request: Pending (On to TO-DO list)". I assume that is supposed to say "On THE to-do list".
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket