Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 77 Category: General / Unknown
Title: ASCII files and Secure Site to Site transfers Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 3.5.2 (3.6 RC 2)

DayCuts
10-24-2007, 07:40 AM
ASCII files and Secure Site to Site transfers

Tagged this as a feature request as it seems more like something that was either overlooked or not possible to do at the time, etc, rather than a bug.

I have my global file exists rules set to auto resume during site to site transfers when file is smaller, however i have the 'only resume files transferred in binary mode' enabled also.

Under normal circumstances (no secure transfers) this functions correctly of course, however when using secure site to site transfer it does not function optimaly.

When using secure site to site tranfers ASCII files are still resumed dispite the file exists rules, i know this is because secure transfer requires that even ascii files be transfered in binary mode.

So i guess my suggestion is for it to check the ascii file list in filters against the file to determine if it should resume or not, dispite it being transfered in binary mode.

Certainly open to other solutions as well.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Re: ASCII files and Secure Site to Site transfers

Amazing, Absolutely Amazing.

This is a great bug find. Yes, This is actually a bug.

After investigating this issue more closely it looks like the option "only resume files transferred in binary mode" wasn't being applied for site to site transfers at all. I double, triple checked and I couldn't seem to find anything, I have added the missing support and I'm in the process of testing it out.

In addition to this missing feature I also discovered a mistake in the File Exists Option dialog, Apparently the per-site option is saving its value to the wrong place, I corrected this mistake.

Both of these issues will be resolved in the next build.

Thank you so much for reporting this issue.
DayCuts
10-26-2007, 03:54 PM

Great : ).
DayCuts
11-01-2007, 03:38 AM

Finally got around to testing this, ascii files are no longer resumed during secure site to site transfers. Instead it is now attempting to simply STOR the file. I assume this is the intended behavior, personally i cant decide if id rather it try to stor/overwrite or just skip.

Either way, its no longer incorrectly resuming ascii files.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket