Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 733 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Upload speed limited in latest version of FlashFXP? Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.2 stable

DeusExCalamus
06-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Upload speed limited in latest version of FlashFXP?

Upload speed in the latest build (4.2.4 build 1784) seems to be, at least on my connection, limited to about 275-300KB/s, whereas with previous builds (tested before I upgraded), it was happy to max out the upload on my cable modem (~350-400KB/s). No settings that I know of have changed between the upgrade, it exists on two different computers, connecting to multiple servers (both via sftp and plain ftp) in diverse locations.
Super Duper
MxxCon
06-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Re: Upload speed limited in latest version of FlashFXP?

What build did you upgrade from?
06-29-2012, 08:42 AM

Not 100% sure, but I think the build right before the latest one. Or the one released around 6/10/12 or so. I'd have amore concrete answer, but I'm on my phone right now and not near the computers in question.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-29-2012, 04:00 PM

Its very odd that you would experience a decrease in upload speed in both FTP and SFTP, each protocol engine is independent of each other.

We haven't made any changes to the FTP upload routines for quite some time.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything that would explain this.

Give me a day or two and I can send you a newer build for testing and we can go from there.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-30-2012, 03:23 PM

Please try this development build and let me know if you notice any differences in the transfer speed.

https://oss.azurewebsites.net/testr/ffxp-dev.zip
DeusExCalamus
06-30-2012, 03:39 PM

That works. What'd you change?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-30-2012, 09:54 PM

Did you test FTP or SFTP?

I made some improvements to boost SFTP upload speeds but the code for FTP uploads remained the same.
DeusExCalamus
06-30-2012, 09:58 PM

Yeah, FTP is performing normally again as well. (Along with SFTP)
Alex.Varzakanos
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM

I wanted to wirte a bug report for 1784/1785 because of Transfer speed, but then i found this bug report.

I also noticed a change in the speed, but, i think it was only displayed wrong?
My download speed was displayed with 1620 KByte/s during the Transfer, while my TaskManager and NetMeter was showing that i was downloading with Fullspeed, so about max. 1900 KByte/s.

Also after the Transfer, FlashFXP shows the real speed in the log:

[15:54:48] Transferred: openSUSE-12.1-Addon-NonOss-BiArch-i586-x86_64.iso 141,71 MB in 1 minute 19 seconds (1.845 KB/s)

Also upload speed looked like it was slower, with about 80 KByte/s while really it was at fullspeed, about 96 KByte/s.

I downloaded the development build, and now speed shows normal again.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-01-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I wanted to wirte a bug report for 1784/1785 because of Transfer speed, but then i found this bug report. I also noticed a change in the speed, but, i think it was only displayed wrong?
I suspect that this is in fact the case for some of the reported speed issues, the speed reported in these builds appears to be much slower than the actual speed.

In build 1782 the way the speed is stored changed from a list or a circular referenced array, this improves efficiency and removes a ton of unnecessary overhead.

The list defines the number of elements and we don't need to keep track of our current position, where as with the circular referenced array index 0 holds the current position. The problem was that the calculation routine assumed index 0 was a value which then skewed the results.

This issue was fixed back in build 1786 but unfortunately I have a lot on my mind lately, and I completely forgot about it until now
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket