Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 70 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Vista sleeps during download Status: Closed (Not a bug)
Severity: Medium Version: 3.4.0

Unregistered
09-22-2007, 03:47 AM
Vista sleeps during download

Hi,

Vista Home Premium clean install defaults to sleep after 1 hour. And it is cruel: its used to going to sleep during active Flashfxp transfers too. Do anyone have this problem?
Super Duper
MxxCon
09-22-2007, 04:29 AM
Re: Vista sleeps during download

are you saying that vista is going to sleep while flashfxp is downloading?
09-22-2007, 05:17 AM

Yes it is. It's really annoying, because I cannot set flashfxp to download at night and stop when ready, it stops after 1 hour (or after what I set).
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-22-2007, 05:31 AM

I suspect that feature is based on user activity, if you're not actively using the computer then it will sleep.

You can configure FlashFXP to hibernate assuming that provides the same functionality in vista you could go that route and have flashfxp do that on transfer complete.

To set it for the current session, Session > On transfer Complete
Unregistered
09-22-2007, 09:00 AM

Your solution is not perfect - under XP, hibernating works like charm: when download ends, the OS waits 1 hour, then hibernates. Vista does not waits for the end of download activity, it hibernates 1 hour after I leave the PC on its own.

So who's the bad guy: Vista or FlashFXP?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-22-2007, 03:17 PM

It seems to me like you need to turn off the sleep feature in vista and rely on the option in FlashFXP to put the computer into sleep mode once the transfer is complete.

FlashFXP running on it's own isn't enough to prevent the computer from going into sleep mode. Someone needs to be actually using the computer.
DayCuts
09-23-2007, 04:09 AM

Vista is correct to sleep after the 1 hour even while flashfxp is transfering, activity to prevent hibernation should always have to be interactive and not automated by a program. You should disable Vista's build in hibernation and use flashfxp's feature for this instead. (as already suggested)
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket