Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 538 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Installer broken Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Critical Version: 4.1 beta

Whissi
08-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Installer broken

Hi,

I am here on a new workstation. I installed FlashFXP v4.1.0 #1624 without any problems.
Today I was prompted to upgrade to #1625. I downloaded the setup via LU but I am unable to run it:

---------------------------
Error
Insufficient free disk space.
OK

Error
Cannot prepare main package.
Probably corrupted package, incorrect TMP/TEMP variables or there is no execute permission for temporary folder.
OK

I have TBs(!) of free disk space where my TEMP directory is located.

Please note, that I changed the REG_EXPAND_SZ "ProfilesDirectory" in
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
but that should be transparent and not an issue (the prev. build was installed without any errors).

There is no permission problem.

SHA1: 62A071DE9D6771E52DE4E8E77BBED558683AB7F5
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Re: Installer broken

This issue is most likely caused by one of the changes that you made, Our installer script is rarely updated and the last time we messed with it was well over a month ago.

I am not 100% certain how the installer re-acts to the change of ProfilesDirectory to another location, I know that Microsoft doesn't recommend it and states that "This setting should be used only in a test environment."

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx

It may not even be a problem specific to our installer, but how windows handles installations and updates.

There is a known issue in the installer when trying to install FlashFXP on volumes over 4 TB, unfortunately the company that created the installer software is not providing us with a solution and we currently do not have the resources to replace the installer with other product.
Whissi
08-10-2011, 11:10 AM

Well, I am using this feature since Windows 2000. This isn't a problem and works very well.

It's the TB problem you mentioned: I changed the TEMP directory temporarily pointing to a disk with just ~100GB free disk space and I was able to run the installer.

Normally, my TEMP directory is located on a disk with >10TB free disk space...
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-29-2011, 06:40 AM

I worked with Whissi directly to resolve this issue, however it appears I forgot to update the status of this ticket.

This issue was resolved in FlashFXP v4.1 RC3.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket