Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 505 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: password protection Status: Closed
Severity: Critical Version: 4.0

Dugi07
06-05-2011, 08:21 PM
password protection

i just installed the latest stable version of flash fxp and imported my data from 3.6 (i think) which was password protected. now I can't use it as it won't recognise my password. is there a known solution for this? I am pretty sure that I am entering the correct password
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Re: password protection

Based on a couple previous reports we believe that a bug in 3.7 beta is to blame, the 3.7 beta releases were extremely buggy. if you still have 3.7 installed you could try turning off the application password protection and then try importing the data into v4.0.
Dugi07
06-05-2011, 08:33 PM

i deleted it. i will have to test that on a different PC. Just checked and it was 3.6 that I was using before I formated my laptop
Dugi07
06-05-2011, 09:05 PM

ok I installed 3.6 on a virtual machine and imported my protected .fbk file and logged in with my password. After that I went to Sites>Security and removed protection > Create another backup by going to Tools>Backup/restore config and then import that file into 4.1. Hope that helps someone and that you guys fix it asap
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-06-2011, 01:56 PM

I just conducted a test using FlashFXP v3.6 build 1240 where I enabled application password protection, then created a backup, then imported the password protected backup into FlashFXP 4.0. I was not able to reproduce the problem with this setup.

Its possible that in your case FlashFXP v4.0 was unable to decrypt the data files, without digging deeper into this issue its very difficult to know exactly why it failed. I would need to be able to reproduce the issue and examine the data files.

I am glad you were able to resolve the issue.

I think anyone upgrading from older versions to v4.x should probably disable application password protection before upgrading.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket