Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 37 Category: N/A
Title: Central KB shortcut Viewer/Manager Status: Pending (On TO-DO list)
Severity: Minor Version: N/A

DayCuts
06-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Central KB shortcut Viewer/Manager

A central keyboard shortcut viewer/manager would be very nice.

It would have two groups (one the same page).

The first would be a fixed list of all of flashfxp's built in keyboard shortcuts AND of other functions that may be decided should have keyboard shortcut setting ability. It would allow you to change/view/disable(without forgetting the setting)/remove shortcuts for actions that are currently built into flashfxp.

The second would be a dynamic list (as in the items in the list can change unlike the builtin group) of all the shortcuts assigned in other areas of flashfxp such as custom commands. Again it would allow you to change/view/disable/remove shortcuts from this location, however when a shortcut is completely removed for something like a custom command, it wont show up in the list next time the dialog is opened (only shows those that actually have a shortcut, new shortcuts would still be assigned from within custom commands dialog).

As somebody that makes good use of custom commands to make tedious tasks quicker and easier, and actively uses the ability to assign keyboard shortcuts, it can be quite troublesome finding and/or checking for shortcut conflicks.

Not dependant on the above suggestion, but it would also be quite useful if flashfxp did a check when assigning a shortcut in custom commands to make sure its not already being used, and show a warning.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Re: Central KB shortcut Viewer/Manager

I do think this is a good idea and its been on my TODO list for quite some time now, However there are many other good ideas and I just haven't been able to get to this feature.

Perhaps we can get this added into FlashFXP 3.8 but first I need to get 3.6 released.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket