Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 224 Category: Server Compatibility Issue
Title: Unable to display Japanese characters on remote FTP site Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 3.7.2 BETA

Macross
08-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Unable to display Japanese characters on remote FTP site

I am unable to display Japanese filenames from a remote FTP server. This has always been the case with previous FlashFXP versions as well. The remote FTP server is a Japanese Windows 2003 server with Japanese set as the default regional system language. I am assuming the system converts all Japanese characters in a UTF-8 variation.

I have tried connecting to it with FlashFXP 3.7.2. BETA from Windows XP, 2003 and Vista with no luck.

This is what filenames look like in FlashFXP 3.7.2 BETA with English language interface:

This is what filenames look like in FlashFXP 3.7.2 BETA with Japanese language interface:

This is what filenames *should* look like, this screenshot is from another FTP client that can view the Japanese characters properly from the same source system:

I think there was a related thread in the past here: https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/bugtra...acker_bugid=12

Is there any chance of full UTF-8 support in the upcoming versions? (Assuming this is the cause - could be something else)

Please advise. Thanks
Super Duper
MxxCon
08-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Re: Unable to display Japanese characters on remote FTP site

but all 3 screenshots look like using different fonts?
08-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Re: Unable to display Japanese characters on remote FTP site

Yeah it does appear to be a font issue.

Full UTF-8 support is planned, But I don't know exactly when we'll be able to offer it.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket