Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 112 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Slow Upload, Not My Bandwidth Status: Closed (Discarded)
Severity: Critical Version: 3.4.1 (Beta)

admin23
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Slow Upload, Not My Bandwidth

I have been having issues with my upload on 2 of my computers here at home, and a computer at work while using flashfxp... I have version 3.4 on this computer, 3.41 beta on the other home computer and 3.6 beta at work.. I was trying different versions to see if it was my systems etc..

First on all 3 systems, I did a check on the server to see if it was a server issue.. checked out ok.. Its a quad core, 2 months old and my friend uses his ftp client and uploads to it so fast it makes my head spin..

Second, I have found that if I go to the select menu at top and select tools and stay there for around 5 seconds and click off and let the system start going again, it uploads quickly.. Now, its not playing catch up cause it uploads slow, and when I do this, it will upload fast for some time...

Please explain what is going on.. the system I am using now is Windows xp x64 4 gigs memory, x6800 processor, 8800 ultra video card.. asus x38 motherboard
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Re: Slow Upload, Not My Bandwidth

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin23
Second, I have found that if I go to the select menu at top and select tools and stay there for around 5 seconds and click off and let the system start going again, it uploads quickly.. Now, its not playing catch up cause it uploads slow, and when I do this, it will upload fast for some time...
On which specific version of FlashFXP did you notice this behavior?

The latest build v3.6 RC3 should provide you with the best speed compare to any previous build. You may need to adjust the TCP/IP buffer to suit your needs, this option can be found in the Preferences under Connection. This setting can only be changed while not connected to a ftp server, if you are connected the change wont take effect until you restart FlashFXP.

Are you using a software firewall? This can effect your transfer speed.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket