Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 110 Category: Server Compatibility Issue
Title: dual monitor issue Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 3.5.3 (3.6 RC 3)

mrcoffee
02-04-2008, 11:33 PM
dual monitor issue

If FlashFXP is minimized to system tray then re-maximized... this strange item will appear in the center of my secondary display monitor:

It's no fun for me, I'd like it to go away please!! Not sure why it's trying to show up over there anyway...
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Re: dual monitor issue

Which version of windows are you using?

Does this problem occur with FlashFXP v3.4 final?
mrcoffee
02-05-2008, 08:20 PM

Sorry, I located the problem. I rather forgot I "checked" this. The problem went away after I took the check out of this box. Your "hidden" second window isn't "hidden"... it's just outside the normal screen parameters... this setting here brings it back inside. I didn't realize that.

FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-08-2008, 01:56 PM

A brief history on Delphi applications, they have a non-standard design where a hidden window is used for controlling the taskbar button state rather than being directly related to a window. This is done so that you only see one taskbar button regardless of which windows are shown within an application. This non-standard design originally caused problem with Windows Vista and steps were taken to bypass this design under Vista, however we've left this hidden window alone for previous versions of windows because it does have one trade off, it allows us to set a separate window caption from the main window. which is ideal for displaying the transfer information on the taskbar button and not the main window.

It took me awhile to setup an identical test environment but once I was able to do so reproducing this compatibility problem was fairly easy.

This issue would occur if the first monitor position was negative screen coordinates, FlashFXP was maximized, and the nVidia nView software was configured to "Prevent windows from opening off-screen". When nView repositioned the window it also changed the size and visibility of a window that is normally hidden and made it visible.

The solution was to detect when an outside application such as nView tries changing the window state and then to simply deny it.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket