Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1065 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Synchronized Browsing at startup Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 5.1

johansassner
09-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Synchronized Browsing at startup

I connect to a site. It has a remote and local path set. I press ctrl+w to turn on synchronized browsing. If i try to enter a local path, i get "You are about to navigate outside of the syncronized root folder". I press "return to previous folder", and now the synchronized folder browsing works.
If i instead when i start (still enabling sync brow with ctrl+w) do it on the remote side, everything works fine.

This only happens first time i start flashfxp, and only on local side.

Version 5.2.0 (b 3868) on windows 10 build 10240, but had it on win 7 also.

(Also, in this bug report screen version 5.2 isn't available in the list above this input field).
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Re: Synchronized Browsing at startup

Please try this

Start FlashFXP, enter the following raw command in the local browser (ctrl+r)

Code:
/debug sync
Connect to the server and press ctrl+w to activate sync browsing and try to navigate to a folder.

Finally please post a copy of the session log with the debug information for us to review it.

I attempted to reproduce your issue several times but was unsuccessful.

P.S. I will make a note that 5.2 is not listed in the drop down on the bug tracker and get it added.
johansassner
09-08-2015, 02:14 PM

[21:11:28] (trace) [SB @ L | 1] Root d:\Visual Studio Projects\<the path to my dir>
[21:11:28] (trace) [SB @ R | 1] Root /site/wwwroot/
[21:11:28] (trace) [SB TRUE] L P= "?" O= "d:\Visual Studio Projects\<the path to my dir> C= "D:\Visual Studio Projects\<the path to my dir>\Styles"
[21:11:28] (trace) [SB RESULT] P= ""
[21:11:28] (trace) [SB RESULT] R P= "/site/wwwroot/"
[21:11:28] (trace) [SB RESULT] BAD P= "/D:/Visual Studio Projects/<the path to my dir>/Styles/"

Seems there is a trailing slash in that last row. I checked the site manager, and there is no leading slash there.
Just let me know if you need more info.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-08-2015, 06:56 PM

Please try this update and let me know if it resolves the problem

FlashFXP52_3869_Setup.exe
johansassner
09-09-2015, 12:46 AM

Fixed! Thank you.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-09-2015, 07:15 AM

Thank you for confirming the fix. This is progress but I'm afraid its not a total fix. not quite.

This issue is caused by the fact that some folders might be case-sensitive.

The path mapping function computes the difference between the previous and the new path returning the difference, I noticed that this causes problems in mapping the local path to a remote path when the original local path is n:\website\dev\ and the new path is N:\website\dev\test\

The specific problem I saw was that the drive letter initially starts out lower case (n:\) and then switches to upper case (N:\) and for this I created a work around, however it does not completely solve the problem.

For example if the local path stored in the site profile is set to N:\WEBSITE\ then the local browser path starts out as such, but if we navigate to N:\WEBSITE\dev the path case is converted to N:\temp\includes and this would break the synchronization.

Of course the obvious solution might be to simply make this function case-insensitive but there are situations where the paths being mapped are on case-sensitive file-systems.

Now this is only going to be an issue where the user defines the local path, such as via the site profile, or a bookmark, custom command. If the path is not defined with the exact case then the sync. browsing might not work as expected.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-10-2015, 04:39 PM

I released a new beta 5.2.0 build 3870 available via liveupdate with some additional improvements.

FlashFXP52_3870_Setup.exe
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket