Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1061 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Sorting queue by name, results in sorting by extension instead of Name Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 5.1

benjamin3
08-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Sorting queue by name, results in sorting by extension instead of Name

hi,

using latest build 3861 found somewhat buggy behaviour:

just had a bunch of files queued and sometimes during transfer i just play around with the sort by name ability by clicking "Name" , and normally i remember it sorts "by name" , in my case i just wondered about one item mixing up a row of other items and the only common was that it had the same extension and so the list was obviously sorted by extension instead of the filenames itself.

little bit strange, not all queued items sorted by extension. cant explain that much , just imagine 4 folders with e.g. 20 files in each , and just 2 folders seemed to be mixing themselves up into sorting by extension.,

anyways. for me only a minor thing, just wanted to report.

btw : imagine you have 20 files marked as "failed" , now you queue the same 20 files again and keeping still the failed items in the queue-list , when then marking all files and restore the queue by marking the failed items as items to be reenabled , then you have dupes . this should be auto-fixed. it doesnt make sense to have 2 items in the same queue with same source->destination . there should be some intelligence to just filter out those items.

thanks
ben
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Re: Sorting queue by name, results in sorting by extension instead of Name

What was the file extension?

Do you have any of the file extensions defined under Options > Filters > Priority List if you do they will always appear first regardless of the manual sort order.

As for duplicate failed files in the queue list, its possible to queue a file multiple times, though this not the default behavior. There are situations where it might be useful to queue a file multiple times and in these instances we need to make sure we don't do anything unexpected. I am not sure if it would be a good idea to attempt to auto fix the situation as this might cause some undesired results.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket