Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1036 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Synchronized Browsing only works when navigating in remote panel Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 5.1

warly
04-19-2015, 05:09 AM
Synchronized Browsing only works when navigating in remote panel

Hey,

it happened randomely before but since 5.1 for me it happens everytime. I've enabled synchronized browsing. As long as i browse using the panel showing the connected server everything works fine. But when i use the local panel it always shows the error that i navigated outside the synchronized root folder
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Re: Synchronized Browsing only works when navigating in remote panel

Hello,

How are you activating the synchronized browsing feature?

A) via the main menu > Directory > Synchronized Browsing
B) by automatically on connect via the Site Manager > profile setting > "activate synchronized browsing on connect"
C) by alt-clicking to synchronize Browse a single folder at a time.
D) via a folder bookmark configured to automatically activate synchronized browsing

Once activated how are you changing the folders in the local browser?

A) via file list
B) via navigation tree
C) via dropdown path box
D) via a folder bookmark
E) via parent directory button

When you activate synchronized browsing the folder you activate it in becomes the base folder for synchronization.

Can you give me an example of what folder you're in on the local browser and which folder you are trying to change into when you receive this warning?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-19-2015, 09:02 AM

Just a quick update:

After some testing I am seeing an issue where its possible to navigate outside the synchronized root folder under some conditions.

Is it possible that maybe you're navigating outside the root folder in the remote browser and then navigation in the local browser realizes there's a problem and throws an error out of confusion?

I will continue to investigate and report back, please answer the questions in my original reply, thanks
warly
04-20-2015, 03:34 AM

Hey,

regarding your first questions:

- i set the synchronized browsing via the page manager setting for the site
- i browse via the file list (with the keyboard back button above enter)

no, i did not leave the root folder on any side (neither remote nor local). As soon as i navigate on the local side (via enter or back) i get the error.

Thanks for looking into this
warly
04-20-2015, 10:17 AM

This morning it worked as expected. Now navigating on the remote side triggers the error whereas on the local side everything works now. pretty random bug
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-21-2015, 01:40 PM

Can you please try this dev build and let me know if its any better or if it still appears buggy to you
Download FlashFXP51_3830_Setup.exe
warly
04-22-2015, 04:32 AM

Hey, thank you for the version. I will test it in the next days and will get back to you
warly
04-22-2015, 06:24 AM

sry to say this, but the version you provided didn't solve the issue just happened again. Let me know if I can provide you with more information
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-22-2015, 06:35 AM

do you have both the local and remote paths set for the site in the site manager?

They should be set to match the root of the structure to synchronize browse.
warly
04-23-2015, 12:32 AM

Hey bigstar,

with the server i'm currently working with, i've only set the local path because it matches the root folder of the user. I will change this to "/" and will watch if this makes any difference.

BTW: initially it starts out fine when connecting to the server only after a while a stops. First i thought it connects to the idle time when the server disconnects and reconnects but this isn't the cause it seems
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-23-2015, 12:40 PM

Please try this update

Download FlashFXP51_3832_Setup.exe

If you started off by browsing local after sync browsing is activated it would incorrectly set the local root path.
warly
04-27-2015, 09:30 AM

Hey,

thans for the update. Looking good so far, havn't seen the issue come up again
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket