Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 988 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Local to Local Drag n Drop behavior Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 5.0.0

DayCuts
10-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Local to Local Drag n Drop behavior

Local to Local Drag Drop action set to Move.

Reproducing...
-Switch both sides to local browsers.
-Select a single folder on side A (destination).
-Select an item or items on side B (source).
-Drag the selected item(s) from side B and Drop them onto the selected folder on side A

Observed behavior: The item or items dragged from side B are moved into the current working directory on side A.
Expected behavior: The item or items dragged from side B should be moved into the selected folder on side A, and that is what happens if they are dropped on any folder other than the one manually selected/highlighted.

I wonder if it is incorrectly treating the selected folder on side A as if it were the 'Parent Directory' list item, as the observed behavior is how I would expect it to function if dropped there.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Re: Local to Local Drag n Drop behavior

Thank you for your bug report.

I have spent quite a bit of time evaluating this problem and I have confirmed that there is a problem, but at this point I am not sure whats going on; the behavior seems to be somewhat random for me.

I'll let you know when I figure something out.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-28-2014, 12:38 PM

I sent you a private message that includes a link to an updated build that includes several changes to the drag/drop handling.
DayCuts
10-29-2014, 01:06 AM

This build seems to have fixed it as far as I can tell, dropping onto a previously selected folder no longer causes the drop to place files in the working directory rather than the directory they were dropped onto. I played around with as many different situations as I could and did not observe anything else change/behave unexpectedly.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket