Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 93 Category: General / Unknown
Title: File exists options fail on specific file(s) Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 3.5.3 (3.6 RC 3)

MHJ
12-19-2007, 04:39 PM
File exists options fail on specific file(s)

Bug occurs on: FXP transfers @ *.sfv files (only one i could recognize) using the following setting:

What happens: FlashFXP always tries to overwrite the file (and does so if possible) even tho all is set to auto skip. it makes no difference if the filename is uppercase, lowercase or mixed up, but maybe the force lowercase option at the site manager causes the problem too?

Please look into it. Thank you!
Super Duper
MxxCon
12-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Re: File exists options fail on specific file(s)

in your site manager, what settings do you use for file exist rules?
12-20-2007, 12:22 AM

The easiest way to determine if the Case Conversion option is affecting this behavior is to disable it and try again.

Are you using FlashFXP 3.6 RC3? (or was that just the default/closest match from version list)... i ask only because their was a resuming issue with secure fxp and ascii files that was fixed several builds ago.

Are you using Secure Site to Site transfers or just normal unencrypted FXP?

Can you provide a session log?

Are the file sizes of the source site and destination site sfv files the same? (sometimes people/servers add comments or strip comments to/from sfv files making the sizes mismatch)
MHJ
12-20-2007, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
in your site manager, what settings do you use for file exist rules?
The global ones, so all on auto skip on FXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayCuts
Are you using FlashFXP 3.6 RC3?
Yes and this bug isn't in any other build, specificly not in RC2 or RC1

Quote:
Are you using Secure Site to Site transfers or just normal unencrypted FXP?
Both, doesn't matter the bug is always there

Quote:
Are the file sizes of the source site and destination site sfv files the same?
Yes and no, it doesn't matter as i set ALL to skip on FXP, no matter if file is larger, smaller or same size.

I hope i could clear this up
DayCuts
12-20-2007, 09:19 AM

I know you have them all set to skip, but the bug may have been related only to one of the settings.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-20-2007, 09:54 PM

This is the intended behavior when you have the option "Only resume files transferred in binary mode" checked.. ASCII files will always be overwrote regardless of your file exist rules above.
MHJ
12-23-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
This is the intended behavior when you have the option "Only resume files transferred in binary mode" checked.. ASCII files will always be overwrote regardless of your file exist rules above.
hmm i'm confused, in RC1 build it is also checked, but it get's skipped on FXP, so it does on all previous versions of FlashFXP. Are you sure it is supposed to overwrite ASCII files always? In my book this doesn't make any sense, because if a file exists, and i want to skip fxp'ing it, i want to skip it. i don't want to let the program i use make the decision, no matter if the file is ASCII or binary...
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-29-2007, 01:03 AM

After further analysis I determined that there are some inconsistencies with this feature.

I'll explain but first let me correct my previous statement. My original assumption of how this feature worked was wrong and the way it works isn't the way it should work.

I checked many different builds and as far as I can tell it has been this way.

This feature should skip if skip is the desired action and not overwrite. It should only overwrite if resume was selected and the file is of ASCII type.

FTP Upload worked the correct way all along, but FXP and FTP downloads weren't handled properly and worked incorrectly.

I have corrected this behavior so that it works properly, You can download a test build at
http://download.flashfxp.com/beta/ffxp3.5.3.1225.zip
MHJ
01-03-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
I have corrected this behavior so that it works properly, You can download a test build at
http://download.flashfxp.com/beta/ffxp3.5.3.1225.zip
I can confirm that now all is back to normal with this build. Thank you and happy new year everyone.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket