Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 893 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Something wrong in files dats and time Status: Closed (Discarded)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.4

meridianomx
07-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Something wrong in files dats and time

Hello,

I'm upload some files with rules. Basically I not want to upload files already uploaded with same date and time. So, I configured my transfer rules, but FlashFXP allways upload the overwriting the FTP's file.

I saw that the date and time is the same in both, local and remote, when FlashFXP show it in explorer window, but when the local file is uploading the remote date and time are diferents. I include and image for your facility. I hope this help you.

Regards
Citlali
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Re: Something wrong in files dats and time

Please include a copy of the FTP server session log, this can be obtained by right-clicking the session status window and selecting "copy to clipboard" and then paste the result into your reply, followed by masking out any confidential information.

The important thing we're looking at is the possible FTP server software used on the FTP server and which commands are sent during a directory listing, whether its LIST, MLSD, or STAT -L

On the file transfer rules dialog there is a setting to preserve the date/time on upload, is this option checked?

Typically for the best results is better for the server to use UTC time rather than a specific localized timezone, the easiest way to ensure this is by using List Command "MLSD" which will already have the time returned in UTC. (some older FTP servers are bugged and do not return the time as UTC)
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket