Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 877 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Right-click > edit on CSS files opens wrong editor Status: Closed (Not a bug)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.3 stable

andry
05-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Right-click > edit on CSS files opens wrong editor

Hi,

had have this issue for a while (while = 1-2 years or so?!):

I changed my default editor to notepad++ for viewing AND editing. But when i right-click a css file it just opens via "notepad" (Windows Notepad).

Notepad++ was installed in the default path, running latest FlashFXP on Win7.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Re: Right-click > edit on CSS files opens wrong editor

The default editor is for handling files without a windows file association. (In Options > Preferences > View and Edit Files)

I suspect that .css is assigned to notepad in Windows, now to override windows file assocations you need to create a new FlashFXP specific file association.

This can be done under Options > File Associations, click "Add Entry" button then "Add Mask" button and enter "*.css" and click the "OK" button, now select notepad++ as the program to open with, next check the check boxes use to view and edit and finally click the "save" button.
andry
05-29-2013, 01:56 AM

Hi,

yes, it works this way, but .css is definitely associated to Notepad++ in Windows, thats why I wonder.

Thank you.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-30-2013, 11:07 AM

This is very strange, the only explanation I have is that somewhere in the windows registry something is configured to open css with notepad. FlashFXP would never just fall back or default to notepad unless it was set somewhere.
X3
06-02-2013, 10:09 AM

To make double sure right click a .css file in windows and see what program its is set to open with.

I remember in Notepad++ I had gone into Notepad++ > preferences > File associations and make sure that all supported extensions where showing up on the registered extensions, because by default Notepad++ does not register the supported extensions with windows.
That would cause this behaviour you experience.
06-03-2013, 09:17 AM

Hi,

looks like this problem is related to Notepad++/Windows. I set the extensions via preferences, every extension worked, except for .css. Then I set .css via Windows itself which fixed it.

Like bigstar wrote it might be some registry stuff, sorry for the wrong report.

Thanks for your help!
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket