Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 870 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Data deleted on time out reconnect Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 4.3 stable

TWDesigns
05-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Data deleted on time out reconnect

This has happened in previous versions and it is hard to reproduce but it has happened enough that it's very troublesome. Basically if I get up from my computer for a bit and the FPT timesout from being no transfers for a period of time FLASHFXP doesn't show me that I've been disconnected until I perform an action. If that action is editing a file in real time on the server it will attempt to reconnect and once successful, the file I wanted to edit gets all the contents deleted and there is no way to recover it except through a backup. This just happened a few minutes ago and has happened at least a dozen times over the past year.

I just thought someone might want to check in to it.

* FlashFXP v[4].[3].[1], build [1951], [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] Windows 8, [X] Windows 7, [ ] WinXP, [ ] Other (specify)
* Running behind hardware router/firewall [X] Yes & Model [LINKSYS], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running software firewall [X] Yes, Name [Windows Default Firewall], Ver. [ ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Microsoft Security Essentials] or [ ] No
* Internet Connection [X] DSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Other(specify)

Thanks,
Tommy White
hggomes
05-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Re: Data deleted on time out reconnect

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Please read this:

https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/flashf...e-posting.html
TWDesigns
05-10-2013, 12:44 PM

Done. Didn't catach the requirements before posting. Thank you.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-10-2013, 01:08 PM

Please try this development build and let me know if the problem is now resolved.

Download: ffxp4.3.1.1963.zip

Unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder.

I suspect that your issue is very similar if not identical to this report that was posted earlier today.

I was working on the issue from the other report when I saw yours, this dev build adds some additional checks to handle the lost of connection as well as problems with the upload.

It is very difficult to simulate every possible situation but hopefully this update resolves the problem for you, if not please include a copy of the session status log the next time the problem occurs.
TWDesigns
05-10-2013, 01:15 PM

I will give it a try and see what happens. Thank you!
TWDesigns
05-10-2013, 02:57 PM

This version has additional issues. Took me about an hour of going nuts trying to figure out why my site was crashing before I realized what was going on LOL.

Anyways if I edit a file and save it, when the file gets saved it's duplicating random parts of the code and inserting it at random places. Thus it was causing me PHP errors.

I was removing a simple div later with some PHP coding that calls in twitter and facebook code. After removing it I save the page and the site crashed. I viewed the file again only to see that the code I removed, half of it was randomly inserted else where in the file. I tested this on other files with the same results.

Hope that helps.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-10-2013, 03:39 PM

I deeply apologize for this unexpected issue, When I was testing my changes I tested with adding to the file and not removing content.

This issue seems to appear when the new content is smaller than the original, when the size becomes smaller the file isn't properly truncated to the new size, instead it contains the new content and part of the old content.

Download: ffxp4.3.1.1964.zip
TWDesigns
05-10-2013, 04:01 PM

I will try that version. Thanks again!
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket