Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 85 Category: General / Unknown
Title: sites.dat unwritable. Status: Closed (Discarded)
Severity: Minor Version: 3.5.2 (3.6 RC 2)

votan
11-19-2007, 04:09 AM
sites.dat unwritable.

Had problems storing any new sites that I've added via the site manager. First thought, I might have file-privilege problems like others here... but after checking out the sites.dat file, I saw that it comes with some garbage at the end of the file by default, that prevents writing to this file. After deleting it and having flashfxp creating a new one, it works fine again.
I'm using vista ultimate 64....
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
11-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Re: sites.dat unwritable.

This is true, If the sites.dat file becomes corrupted you may not be able to modify your settings.

Corruption in the sites.dat is very rare although it can occur, The usual suspects for this type of problem is complete loss of power while saving the sites.dat, hardware, driver, or operating system failure/error.

If the problem continues to occur and none of the above situations explain the behavior please let us know.
votan
11-19-2007, 05:17 PM

well, it was corrupted right after a clean new install.. no powerloss, interruption or other things.... the install went just fine... so I thought it might be caused by the installer in conjunction with vista ultimate 64.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
11-20-2007, 12:47 PM

I checked acopy of the sites.dat and it appeared fine. I didn't think twice about it being corrupted but after reading your reply I decided to do a fresh install just to make sure I was checking the right sites.dat file and sure enough the default sites.dat in RC2 is in fact corrupted.

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention and letting me know that I was wrong with my first reply.

We will be sure to get this fixed in the next RC release.
votan
11-22-2007, 03:45 PM

oh, just recognized.... flashFXP.cfg has the same problems.... so there night be more files that have such problems....
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-06-2007, 07:07 PM

Ummm there is no flashfxp.cfg file so I'm not entirely sure where that comes from. It might be from an old installer that used this file but it's not part of the v3.6 RC installs.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket