Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 825 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Randomly unable to login to local server via ftp over SSH Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.3 RC 2

DeusExCalamus
02-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Randomly unable to login to local server via ftp over SSH

Hi guys, have a problem with flashfxp: I recently changed the port that SSH listens on from 22 to 256 to cut down on bots and the like trying to login to my server, I just had a chance to update the login info in flashfxp to account for the new port, and now it won't login.

FlashFXP 4.3.0 (build 1929)
Support Forums http://forum.flashfxp.com
Winsock 2.2 -- OpenSSL 1.0.1d 5 Feb 2013
[R] Connecting to Ries -> IP=192.168.1.5 PORT=256
[R] Connected to Ries
[R] Host key algorithm ssh-RSA, size 2048 bits.
[R] Fingerprint (MD5): a7:06:b2:5f:c0:ab:3e:9b:f2:f2:7b:d9:f0:e9:4c:fe
[R] Key exchange: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1. Session encryption: aes256-ctr, MAC: hmac-sha1, compression: none.
[R] SSH Error: failed to negotiate authentication method []
[R] SSH Connection closed
[R] Connection failed

In addition, when I go to sites>site manager and look at the login type, it says 'Public Key (Pageant)', when all of my other servers that use ftp via ssh w/ key auth just say 'Public Key'. Attempting to change this value back to 'public key' has no effect, as it goes back to pageant auth, even after deleting the site and recreating it within flashfxp. Is there something I'm missing or did I break something?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Re: Randomly unable to login to local server via ftp over SSH

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Sure enough this is not working as intended.

I have released a new build 4.3 build 1930 that should resolve this issue, I did several tests and as far as I can tell everything is now working as intended.

Please let me know if you continue to experience any problems.
DeusExCalamus
02-11-2013, 02:25 PM

Alright, well. Now it allows me to choose plain public key auth, but it still doesn't allow me to connect.
[R] Connecting to Ries -> IP=192.168.1.5 PORT=256
[R] Connected to Ries
[R] Host key algorithm ssh-RSA, size 2048 bits.
[R] Fingerprint (MD5): a7:06:b2:5f:c0:ab:3e:9b:f2:f2:7b:d9:f0:e9:4c:fe
[R] Key exchange: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1. Session encryption: aes256-ctr, MAC: hmac-sha1, compression: none.
[R] SSH Error: failed to negotiate authentication method []
[R] SSH Connection closed
[R] Connection failed
DeusExCalamus
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM

Also is there a way to forget/modify the stored fingerprints for each server?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-11-2013, 03:39 PM

Based on the error message it sounds like you didn't assign the ssh key pair to the site.

This is currently done via the Connection tab in the Site Manager.
(I have plans to relocate this setting in a better location in future releases, since this appears to be common issue.)

There is no way to reset/remove an accepted SSH host key via the UI, this must be done by editing the flashfxp.ini with notepad.
DeusExCalamus
02-11-2013, 03:52 PM

Please see these two linked screenshots.
http://i.imgur.com/zKVvD7I.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iYyIAm2.jpg
Edit:
Interestingly enough, when I try to connect to it from the internet, it works fine. But if I try to connect via my LAN, it throws a fit. The only difference between connecting to it from the internet and my LAN is the address specified (obviously)
Edit edit:
I'd ;like to mention that using putty to ssh to the server over my LAN works properly.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-11-2013, 10:41 PM

I found the reason it was failing. There was another not so obvious bug with the new login types.

I had the values defined as constants in two separate units, to make matters worse the values didn't match, so selecting "Public Key" was actually trying "Public Key (Pageant)",

I have posted a new build, please try this and hopefully this is the last issue on this subject

You'll need to re-adjust the login type, it will most likely have Public Key (Pageant) selected.

BTW I have relocated the Private Key field to the General tab. Something I should have done along time ago. It makes life so much easier when everything is all grouped together
DeusExCalamus
02-11-2013, 10:46 PM

Seems to be sorted now, thanks!
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket