Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 729 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Server File Search - Filter keeps active if window closed / reopen Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 4.2 stable

benjamin3
06-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Server File Search - Filter keeps active if window closed / reopen

using latest build 1784, realized today while using "server file search" that (it's reproducible all the time) if you e..g search for * in the search_field and get all results and then filter below in the filter and then close the window and reopen the server file search and search again * then the filter before you used is still applied, if you click in the filter field then it disappears.

i would also see some sort of multi word filter , so yuo just enter word after word and it searches everywhere in the filename...

at the moment only words which are straight after each other are found as results if you enter words. better explain by examples :

filename : 2012-06-project 86 graphics tool.png

now if you enter "2012 project" then this file is not found as result.. if you enter "project 86" then this file is found as result. i would prefer this to be optional so you can do some checkbox "search all words in whole filename, not exact search" or something like that.

also i dont know why the minimize button is greyed out , why ? while you are able to click into flashfxp queue and edit it i dont know why you removed the minimize button in the search_window, now you have to move it to other screen or next to flashfxp main windows instead of ability to minimize (please integrate).

thanks!

regards
ben
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Re: Server File Search - Filter keeps active if window closed / reopen

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I have confirmed the issue with the filter not being reset after closing the search dialog and I will incorporate a fix into the next release.

The filter search uses the same pattern matching syntax as found in other areas of FlashFXP. As you discovered this is not a your typical word search, I suppose we could adapt our search to support a couple different methods but we would need to ensure that the results returned are exactly what the user wants.

For example some customers use our FTP file search to adjust the file attributes on 1000s of files in one go, if we allowed a loose word match it could allow some unexpected results to be shown, with 1000s of files there is no room for error, especially if the customer were to perform a delete operation rather than just adjust the file attributes.

If you're not familiar with the pattern matching in FlashFXP we use a subset of regular expressions. (see the help file > Pattern Matching)

In your example you use "2012 project" but you could use "2012?project" following our regular expression pattern above.. however 2012 must come before project to match, it would not match project 2012.

The reason the file search window doesn't have a minimize button is that this can cause some confusion with users who have minimized the FTP file search window and then forget about it being minimized and wonder why the main window has limited functionality.

Since you can still perform some commands while the file search window is open most people I've talked to tend to move the window to the side of the main window and then use both side by side to suite their needs.
benjamin3
07-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Re: Server File Search - Filter keeps active if window closed / reopen

Ah ok , regarding minimize , yeah time for a 2nd display , your info makes sense.

regarding reg exp , yeah i didnt know regarding using ? , so lets give it a try,

will post another bug now

regards
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket