Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 715 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Can not browse to networked drives. Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.2 stable

dirtdirt
05-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Can not browse to networked drives.

When I fire up the program and connect to a remote server and try to reach a parallel local file server it simply will not connect or register the networked drives. If I start to type the full URL of the folder and drive (so, Y:\website\etc) it clearly sees the directory listings and I can select the directory i want from the drop down. See this image.

Then, once I am in the directory I want to pull from, it lists every subdirectory as 'desktop'. See this image.

Any ideas?

Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1

FlashFXP version: 4.2.1 (build 1745)
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Re: Can not browse to networked drives.

I have never seen this before but I would recommend trying the latest version 4.2.3 build 1771 and see if the issue still exists.

Can you please tell me more about your networked drive, like the type of file system and the OS.
dirtdirt
05-16-2012, 08:33 AM

I just updated to 4.2.3 (build 1771) and the issue persists.

The network/file system is a pretty byzantine corporate setup that I don't know all the bits of, and that is outside my sphere of understanding anyway, but I know we have a combination of Novell and Windows, and that we use Active Directory.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-17-2012, 09:35 AM

Without getting too technical it looks like the info being returned by the windows shell com interface is invalid or null, when this occurs we try a couple alternative methods, at some point the result is interpreted as the desktop folder.

What we can do is create a simple test app to help troubleshoot the issue.

Would you be able to run the tests and give us the results?
dirtdirt
05-21-2012, 01:04 PM

Hello! Sorry it took me a while to get back here. Yes! I'd be happy to run your utility.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-21-2012, 10:40 PM

Please try this demo app.

https://oss.azurewebsites.net/testr/browsertest.zip

It shows the display name and file name for each item in the directory list, sometimes these can be different depending on the situation and this should help us determine if the problem is with retrieving one or the other.
dirtdirt
05-23-2012, 09:45 AM

hmph. It looks to me like the file name and the display name are the same. Here's a screenshot of a more or less random directory deep within the structure that doesn't work.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-23-2012, 02:58 PM

Please try this updated demo and let me know if it solves the problem

https://oss.azurewebsites.net/testr/browsertest2.zip
dirtdirt
07-18-2012, 09:58 AM

Hello-

I'm sorry that I did not respond for a while - I've been very busy and not been using FTP much, so out of sight out of mind, I guess. Anyway.

The updated file acts the same as the old one - it shows the display name and the file name as identical. I did notice, if this helps, that when I connect to a site and see the 'desktop' directories (http://twitpic.com/9leanj/full) if I transfer a file from wherever when the transfer completes the directories in my local/networked directory are visible. Strange, eh?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-18-2012, 01:44 PM

Actually that might be the ticket we're looking for...

After a transfer completes certain internal item values are reset to default, this leads me to believe that perhaps some of the item values are not properly initialized from the start.

I added additional code to make sure that they are initialized to the proper values

https://oss.azurewebsites.net/testr/dev-bu...4.2.5.1801.zip

Unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder.

Please let me know whether or not this resolves the issue.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket